He always kept promises

When Benjamin was born, all of Auradon celebrated him and his family. Belle was so happy she could finally have a child: she was an independent woman and she loved her husband but she could also think and speak for herself and Adam knew that. Since she had married her true love she had dreamt of a little beast to teach everything she knew as her father did.

-He's going to change the world, Belle. I can sense it.- said the fairy godmother on the day of Ben's christening. Belle knew he would eventually changed the world.

And she continued to know that during the years. Ben grew up strong and handsome. He was smart and loved to read just like Belle. He didn't spend much time with his dad because being a king wasn't easy, but when Adam had free time he loved to teach him how to play football or croquet and Ben also enjoyed sitting on his dad's lap while he was reading documents, faking that he was the king. And he eventually would have become the king.

When Ben was seven he and his parents didn't get along well. Belle was always in the library reading and studying God-knows-what, while Adam was covered in king's work. Ben would have liked spending time with his parents but instead, he passed time with Mrs. Potts and her son and Lumière who taught him French. He only had the chance to see his parents at dinner and they were always tired and didn't want to talk to him. One day, all that silence was replaced by the chaos of the argument between the Beast and his son.

-I'm just saying dad, I'd like to spend some time with you and mom. You're never here.- he began to say, but his dad immediately shut him. –Well, I'm sorry Ben if me AND your mom have to work to maintain you and all the kingdom.- Adam had the worst patience. –Yes dad I know that. But you seem so selfish saying this to me! You are my dad and you should want to spend time with me! Do you hate me?- Belle tried to say something but the Beast shut her too. –Are you serious right now, Ben?- he asked. –I am serious, father. Do you hate me?- Adam didn't respond. –Well, I guess I got my answer then.- Ben got up from his seat and went straight to his room.

Hours later, his mom knocked at the door. –Go away.- he said with his face on the pillow. –I'm not going to enter, but... your dad loves you- said Belle. –Yeah, he doesn't seem to.- was the last thing he said before his mom went away.

He raised his head and looked at the window. The view was the ocean, and, at the center of all that, there was the Isle of the Lost. The Isle that his father built for all the villains in the world. He always tried to ask if they were fine up there but he never got any answers. He was curious so, he thought, why don't get the answers himself? He thought that was a good idea. When his parents fell asleep the little boy went in his father's office and grabbed the remote of the barrier from the table, then got out from the window to escape the guards. He rode about twenty minutes on his bike and then, finally, he got in front of the ocean. When Ben pressed the button on the remote he didn't know what to expect, but in the end, it was nothing special.

***

It stunk on the Isle. That was the first thing he noticed when he got there. He closed the barrier so that the villains wouldn't escape and put the remote in his backpack. Nobody was there. It was strange because he heard stories about the villains like that they were like vampires because they slept during the morning and hanged out during the night. But apparently, it wasn't like that. He found himself to walk around aimlessly when he got near an enormous ruined castle. It was dark and none of the lights were on (if the villains even had lights). He was scared of that castle so he tried to walk away.

-Hey you!- said a voice. Ben raised his head. –Yes, you! What are you doing here?- he could see much but the voice came from a girl. He didn't know what to say, what if she would have hurt him? Maybe it wasn't a good idea to come there. Then the girl jumped from the castle. Ben was afraid she had hurt herself, but she was good not even a scratch. –Wow, you just like jumped two feet?- he said out of astonishment. –I don't know what you mean but yeah I jumped pretty high. Now, who are you?- she asked. –Me? Well, that's a funny story I am... myself?- Ben said, he obviously didn't know how to lie. –You see, myself I know everyone on this Isle and you are simply not here- she said pointing her finger to her head. –So, who are you, intruder? Tell me or I start screaming. And I scream pretty loud.- Ben remained silenced but when he saw that the girl was actually started screaming he panicked. –Okay! Okay, I'll tell you but please don't scream.- the little girl crossed her arms to listen to him. –My name's Ben and I am the son of...- he looked around –Captain Hook.- the girl started laughing. –Oh boy, you gotta lie better than that. See, you can't cheat a cheater. Plus, Captain Hook only has three children, I don't think he has other children but Harry, Harriet, and CJ. Got it? I told you, I know everyone on here.- Ben didn't know what else to say to her. –You're from Auradon aren't you?- she asked. Ben resigned. –Yeah, I'm the Beast's son. Please don't say that to anyone. I'm just here because I don't like being with my parents anymore and they wouldn't even notice that I'm gone, I don't want to cause trouble for you. I'm Ben.- he offered his hand. –I don't even know why I'm telling you this but I'm Mal. What am I supposed to do with your hand?- she asked. Ben scrolled his head. –Are you hungry?- she asked him. –Kind of?- he replied. Mal led him in the castle. She light up a candle and made him sign to be quiet. Now he could see her better. She had curly mid-long purple hair and she didn't look like she had a pajama on, just some leather clothes and boots. She then offered him a small piece of a sandwich. –Ew what is in it?- he asked. –Like food? The kind of food you send to us, like your leftovers?- Ben felt guilty. –Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you.- he said grabbing the sandwich, it smelled terrible but wasn't that much horrible to eat.