A special night

*this oneshot takes place after the first Descendants movie*

It was almost eleven p.m. when someone knocked on the door. Mal was sleeping peacefully before the knock woke her up. She got up, sleepy, and opened the door.

-Ben? What the hell are you doing here?- she asked wiping her eyes.

-I'm here to pick you up, c'mon.- said Ben, smiling. Wasn't he sleepy? He worked all day because of his new king's job. Mal thought he was crazy. Didn't he know what time it was?

-Picking me up? For what?- Mal continued to ask. Maybe she was dreaming.

-I'm taking you somewhere c'mon!- Ben seemed excited and the only thing Mal could see in the dark was his white teeth that always seemed to glow, maybe they were the reflection of Ben's souls: so pure that glowed.

-At eleven p.m.? Are u serious, Ben?- asked the girl who was still sleeping.

-Yes, I am serious Mal. Just take a jacket and come. Please?- Maleficent's daughter gave up and decided to follow her boyfriend. The girlfriend-and-boyfriend-thing was still new to her. After the coronation, Ben and Mal had a really serious talk where she explained everything she did to him and apologized to him, to his parents, and to the Fairy Godmother. She really meant what she said at the coronation: "I choose good". Something in her woke up and raised in her, she wanted to DO good; after she had spent all her life doing and being bad maybe it was time to move on and doing (and being) something else, something better. She didn't get to spend so much time with Ben due to his king's stuff, but he always seemed to find time to spend with her but, honestly, just five minutes with him were enough for her because she felt loved for the very first time in her life.

She took her leather jacket, careful to not wake Evie up (she was not the nicest person when she was woken up during her "night beauty sleep". Mal still remembered when, still on the Isle, Jay was planning to prank on Evil Queen's daughter: while she was sleeping, Jay screamed in a tube of expired chips near her and Evie jumped out of the bed. –What the hell is happening here?- she asked, Jay and Mal were dying of laughter while Carlos was still sleeping. So Evie got up, went straight to Jay and kicked him on his jewels, then came back to sleep. Jay never tried to prank her or wake her up anymore from that time and Mal still throws it back on his face to this day).

-So, where are we going?- she asked once she sat on Ben's bike, holding him tight.

-You'll see.- even though Mal couldn't see his face, she was sure that he was smiling.

***

The ride was not long, it took maybe fifteen minutes to get there. When she got off the bike she was dying of curiosity.

-Is this a...- Ben finished the sentence for her.

-A beach, yes Mal. I just thought, you always have lived ON an Isle, but never got to see a real beach, you know.-

-Yes I know, Ben. I just, I don't get why you had to wake me up at this time, couldn't we go tomorrow morning?- she asked.

-Well, yeah we could have. But, you see, the beach is much better at night and there are just the two of us so it's better.- he said. Before Mal could reply, he picked her up and ran against the water. When it was deep enough, he let her go.

-Ben what the heck are you doing you know I can't swim!- the girl was already panicking, but Ben wasn't worried: he was laughing. She tried to hold on to him.

-Just. Mal, let me go. I know you can learn to swim. You just have to move your legs, I'm trying to teach you.- he said smiling. He kissed her forehead and Mal felt reassured. She let Ben go, and slowly started to swim: she was still scared, but knowing that Ben was there comforted her.

After some time, they got out of the water because they both were starting to feel cold. They entered the water with their clothes on so they had to wait until the clothes were dry enough. Mal and Ben laid down the sand and it stuck on their clothes, but they didn't really care. The king hugged his princess and she fell asleep in his arms, eventually, he fell asleep too, still hugging Mal.

***

-Morning- said Ben while Mal opened her eyes.

-Ugh, we're still here? What time is it?- she asked.

-Do you know that you ask way too many questions when you wake up?- he said ironically, then continued. –I think it's like four or five a.m., we are all dry so I think we should head back to Auradon Prep.- Mal nodded and she got up.

They came back to the school and silently walked to Mal's room.

-So... thank you for the night. And because I kinda learned how to swim I guess.- said Mal, hugging her boyfriend. She didn't want to let him go, she was comfortable with him.

-No problem- he laughed, then kissed her forehead. They were so close to one another, maybe Mal wanted to kiss him? But what if he rejected her kiss? She couldn't risk it, so she just kept hugging him. –I love you, Mal- he said, hugging her tight. –You know I love you, right?- he asked.

-Yes, Ben. I know.- was the only answer she could give. She wasn't sure of those three words. It was like she was dying to said them but for some reason, she wasn't ready. And Ben knew it, so he kept saying those words for the two of them. He gave her one last kiss on the forehead, kissed her hand like the gentlemen do, and head back to his room.

Mal smiled, then entered her room, maybe regretting not having kissed him. 

*hii I'm back!! Hope you enjoy this little oneshot that I wrote. It's a review of a thing that I wrote some years ago, back to 2015 or 2016 soo I was younger lmao.*