20-Stress

Professor Quinn recovered pretty quickly and for a while, the school became quiet. Harry and the others have tried to convince him to stay as their Dark Arts teacher, but he had declined. From what they remembered, his explanation was that: "This is not the place for me. And I still have to apologize to my friends at Hollowvale for disappearing like that." Harry felt sad seeing one of their favorite teachers giving such a sad smile.

Luckily, before he left, Quinn had given each of them a promise; "If you ever need me, I'll be at Hollowvale. I'm sure everyone would welcome all three of you, our best students after all."

Just like that, they moved on. Life was chaotic but not in a dangerous sense anymore. Harry wanted everyday to last like this. And yet that fear that it might not grew stronger everyday.

That voice inside his head appeared more often now, especially stronger when he was near the stone. But what made him fear it more was that he might lose control like how Professor Quinn did. He shuddered and tried not to think about it, suppressing it deeper within himself. And like that, they became 3rd years smoothly if not for the chaos that just revolves around their lives.

"I found something about that stone you have in your drawer," Draco pulled out a dark covered book the size of coffee table.

"What the hell Draco!" Blaise groaned at the sight of the book. Despite being a smart student, he just had no motivation to ever read, literally. His excuse was that he could spell it to read to him instead.

"You should thank that Granger girl," Draco dusted off the cover, "She was the one who threw this monster at me" He rubbed his shoulder, scowling at the memory, "Ridiculous more like as apparently, looking for books on magical objects in the same isle was an 'assault on personal space'."

Ron Weasley, possibly the only Gryffindor brave enough to befriend a group of Slytherins beside his twin brothers also sat, looking regretful of his life decisions. The reason for his presence? A certain Slytherin had dragged him 2 floors and 3 hallways to make him read a book. His life could not be anymore miserable right? He agreed and promised to reward himself a chicken leg later.

Harry couldn't help trying to suppress his laughter at the scene. They had forgotten about the stone for the most part. If Harry had not found it again under his sock drawer, they wouldn't have remembered it existed. So for the past few months, they have been trying to find out how to separate the whatever made the stone sentient from the stone.

Between class time, mischief with the twins, Hagrid inviting them to tea occasionally, and quidditch practice, they've all been scouting the library trying to find what in Lady Magic happened when Harry went under and why he has a pet stone now.

Harry flinched, he felt another jab inside his head again. It felt like a stabbing headache but was gone within a second. The others looked towards him but he only smile and motioned for them to continue the research.

"Sorcerers Stone: the immortalizer and gold maker," Draco smiled, looking a bit playful, "well, a treasure lays in our hands. Take a look here. Ron here might even be rich from this."

"Hey! That was uncalled for!" Ron pouted, his cheeks growing red. It had became a habit of theirs to tease Ron ever since he tripped on his robe and explained that it was his brother's passed down to him.

Another jab, Harry hissed, this one lasted a bit longer.

"Are you sure you're okay Harry?" Draco asked again, he looked concerned now.

Harry shook his head, the mild headache lingered and he could still fell that jab.

"Bloody hell, you're bleeding" Ron pointed and Harry looked down at his hand. Bright red blood fell from his nose.

"I don't feel so good." He stood from his chair and more blood spewed from his nose. Draco at this point had already moved closer and used his own sleeve to stop the other's bleeding.

"You guys continue. I'll bring him to the infirmary."

The two almost shivered at how cold his tone became. Ron was about to protest but Blaise stopped him. Draco was not in the right state of mind right now. Having known Draco since childhood, he knew that other is extremely protective of Harry.

Harry felt dizzy. His world was spinning so much. And the pain still lingered. His vision was darkening around the edges. At one point, he felt his knees weakening. He collapsed, the last thing he heard was Draco again. A part of him felt so sorry he keeps putting the other through this. This must be the second time now, he thought.

-

Draco felt his heart stop. He support Harry's head, feeling the warmth still there.

"Harry, wake up now. We're gonna get you to the infirmary." Panic rose as he tried to not go into shock. This is not the time Draco, he told himself.

He lifted Harry easily off the ground, going into a run as he tried to avoid the tricky stairs towards the infirmary wing. He had kicked the doors open so loudly that a few students inside were startled.

"Mr Malfoy," Madam Pomfrey was about to scold him when she saw Harry's bloody nose. "Oh Lady Magic, what happened?" She quickly threw a warm cloth at Draco, who used it to wipe Harry's face while she left to get a few potions. Draco held Harry's face gently, whispering comforting words before being pushed aside by Madam Pomfrey.

A few minutes later, Madam Pomfrey opened the curtain. She smiled at him, "Don't worry too much. He's just had a very stressful time. The bleeding stopped already." She handed Draco a bottle with the label "Lavender Nurture", instructing to give it to Harry the moment he wakes.
"When will he wake up?" Draco felt anxious looking at the person lying within those curtain.
Madam Pomfrey shook her head at the boy, "He'll be up in an hour or two."

Draco completely ignored her after that, running in to check on Harry. He held the others hand, checking his face to see if he got hurt anywhere else as bad memories of the last time Harry collapse entered his mind.
Madam Pomfrey wanted to scold him but resisted, she only muttered a 'young love'and shook her head again before leaving.

"Harry, wake up you prick," he stroked the other's hair. Seeing the other gain a bit of color back on his cheeks, Draco's cold demeanor vanished instantly and he finally allowed himself to feel relief.