5- First Day

Harry woke up the next day with Sirius still snuggled up against his hair. The fire had long died out over the night and the cinder covered the outside edge of the hearth. He looked around for Remus but thought that he probably started his day early. Harry gently shook Sirius, using his tiny hands to push the other man's face off of him.

"Harry.....why are you awake at this horrible hour in the morning," Sirius groaned in his sleepy state.

"Remus is already awake, I think. And it's already 8:30 in the morning," Harry replied after looking at the grandfather clock next to the hearth.

He laughed when Sirius chose to snuggle against his hair some more. He tried to push Sirius off but the other already had a firm grip, tickling his side mercilessly. He shrieked in laughter as he tried to wriggle free, using his tiny hands to grab at Sirius' hair. Sirius laughed along with him but kept at it until he was sure Harry would pass out from laughing so hard. He rolled to the side of the couch and picked him up.

"Oof! You need a bath, child!" He said after pretending to sniff Harry. Harry giggled again as Sirius then draped Harry over his shoulder. He carried Harry over to the kitchen counter and set him down.

"I'm going to start the bath. You stay here, don't move. I've got a surprise!" He said with enthusiasm just as Remus walked in.

Remus face-palmed, "Don't tell me you're going to charm the bath water Siri."

"You always ruin the fun, Rem. And I bet he would have loved it anyways. Nothing's stopping me!" Sirius declared before running in the direction that Harry assumed the bathroom was. Remus turned back to Harry shaking his head but Harry could see the slight smile on his lips.

"Don't mind him Harry. What would you like for breakfast?"

Harry hesitated, he was never the one to ask for things. It was always him who did the cooking in the Dursleys' house. He stopped in thought for a moment but hesitated again in doubt.

Remus must have sensed his panicked state when he said assuredly, "Hey, it's okay. Look at me, you get to choose now. I'm not going to hurt you."

"I'd like ...pancakes ... with strawberry jam, please," Harry said quietly before looking up at Remus. Seeing that Remus was still smiling warmly at him, he smiled back. Remus patted Harry's head and helped him down the counter.

"Alright then. I'll make pancakes with lots of strawberry jam for breakfast while you go take that bath, Okay? The bathroom is to the right of the hallway Sirius just ran to."

Harry nodded, gave Remus a quick hug and headed to the bathroom.

Harry was still unused to how easily they interact with magic, but he still loved it. He was most surprised when the bath water turn a bright neon purple when he was in the bath and the bubbles that changed shaped when he touched it. There were different bottles of soap all over the tub counter, and each had funny labels. In the end, Harry chose the one that said popping apple citrus explosion not expecting the soap to start popping bubbles in his hair.

Sirius had to shrink some of his own clothes for Harry since he didn't have anything else to wear. When he was finished, Harry wore a pair of blue shorts (Sirius had messed up the spell on this one, but it still looked stylish on him) and simple white short-sleeve hoodie. He still had his old sneakers from before, but Remus had promised that they would buy Harry a new wardrobe.

Remus tried to somehow tame his hair. But no matter how they brush it, Harry still looked like he just woke up with a bedhead. They gave up after the 3rd try eventually.

They headed out together after enjoying a delicious breakfast of strawberry jam pancakes with bacon and orange juice. Harry thought it was the best breakfast he's ever had.