10-Dumbledore and Quirrel

After a few weeks at Hollowvale, things started to become routine. The hallways and classrooms were familiar and it became second-nature for Harry and Draco to wander around the place at night; even if it was pass the curfew, it still became of habit of theirs.

Harry packed up his papers, thinking he might as well head down there when the hallways clear up rather than be trampled alive. Beside him, Draco yawned and stretched like a cat, sliding his arm over to Harry's shoulder.

"What do you reckon' we should do with the break after lunch?" Harry asked casually. They always head to the field to try sneaking a few broom rides, but after one of their adventures resulted in Blaise breaking his wrist, the teachers have been keeping an eye on them.

Draco smiled mischievously, then he leaned in to whisper to Harry, " I found where they hid the new broom shed. Blaise's not coming since he's being a chicken."

"You know they'll give you detention if you're caught again, right?" Harry asked, quirking his eyebrows.

"Oh come on Harry, don't tell me you're siding with Blaise. Pleaseeee? Just this one time,"Draco pleaded, doing his best impression of puppy eyes; he always does it whenever he wanted something.

"Fine, but only this once."

"Yes! Woo!" He exclaimed, pulling Harry through the hallways.

His excitement crumbled when they ran headfirst into someone. Specifically someone named Professor Ommins, who was tapping his foot with a small amused expression.

"Again Mr. Malfoy? And Mr Potter? Partners in crimes now aren't you. You know, I would have expected for you to have learnt your lesson after being scolded by Cecile," he said in a slow sarcastic way. They looked up helplessly, not knowing whether to deny the accusation or just admit their plan.

But Prof Ommin then crouched down to their eye-level before creating a little huddle-up. He also smiled mischievously, which confused them greatly. "Ok ok, I'm not one of your grumpy old people person, so I'll let you off the hook this time. Don't think it'll happen again. You guys sure have spirit when it comes to brooms huh. I'll give you a pass next time if you ask. Gotta break the rules once in a while at this place."

They smiled at each other, glad for dodging another bullet, trust Prof Ommin to always slide the other way when it comes to rules. His only exception was his furniture, it's as if they were his babies.

"Harry, the headmistress wants to talk to you. Your godfathers are up there as well. I trust you know the way." He said after their little huddle, handing Harry a little golden note from the headmistress.

Harry nodded and turned towards the office hallway with Draco, but was stopped again.

"This is confidential, so I'm afraid Draco cannot go with you," Prof Ommin shook his head, signing for Draco to go to the dining hall.

They reluctantly parted and Harry headed alone up the stairway to the headmistress' office, slightly anxious of what he might've done wrong. Then he thought of the old man from earlier, this must have something to do with that person.

He knocked gently on the door. Hearing the muffled talking inside halt, he turned the knob and walked in to see Remus and Sirius on one side and the strange old man on the other. Naturally, he went to sit in the chair between Sirius and Remus, which earned a hard to read expression from the old man.

"Harry, this is Professor Dumbledore. He's here to inquire about a different education system for you. We are still discussing so nothing is permanent yet. However, we would still like to hear your opinion as well," headmistress Harpereth explained. She frowned at Dumbledore, never in her life had she ever met someone who was so close-minded. To doubt and interfere with a child's education and capabilities are the worst things she could could think of, and it was exactly what Dumbledore was doing.