chapter 1

A young teen with limp long hair watched as her mother talked to the principal. Her glasses lay broken in her lap, a torn book by her side. The girl had been bullied for the last time and her mother was pulling her from the school. The girl waited for five minutes before her mother led her out. Her light grey eyes looked downcast. She got into the car and buckled herself in before she left her school.

An older teen shook herself out of her stupor. Her hair was a short-ish length and deep red with one side covering her eye. She stepped out of the car and walked into the school, the bottoms of her heeled boots just visible under her long trousers and a stomach showing long-sleeved top covered her hands.

Another girl, this one had dark brown hair and was not quite gorgeous but not average, looked at the girl and then turned to the girl beside her. "Look at the new girl..." she told her companion.

A popular blonde girl who was surrounded by nearly a lot of the pretty members of the student body looked with them.

There was another girl, she was popular in school, but for very wrong reasons. She was pestered by almost everyone in the school, even by the ones who were lower rank than her in the social food chain. She held her books close to her and blended into the background to see the new student with the others, but she couldn't see. She adjusted her glasses, but there were too many people blocking her view. "Let me see! Let me see!" she cried, trying to get in on this.

The first girl heard the cries and glanced icily at the crowd. "What are you all looking at?" she asked, her voice sounding cold. She wondered who the heck wanted to see her.

"Nice going, Miss Wears a Hat all The Time." the blonde girl glared at the brown-haired girl in a pink beanie, now that they were all exposed.

"It's all her fault!" one boy in a Letterman jacket pointed to the unfortunate girl in the crowd.

Everyone backed up to show the brown-haired girl who looked very misplaced and nervous.

The girl raised an eyebrow. She looked long and hard at the girl with glasses but merely gave a brief nod. She then looked at the others and sniffed. She surprised quite a few when she did nothing more than she did. "Hn..." she said, rolling her eyes at the group. Before continuing on. She needed to get the schedule for her class.

The second girl looked at Meg, blinking once. Meg looked around, then watched the girl leave. She then went with the others to get to class.

About ten minutes into the class, the girl came into the room handing a note to the teacher. She had a stoic look on her face, her black stained lips in a straight line. "I've been put in this class..." she told the teacher quietly, her voice sounding uncaring.

"Very well," the man took out a paper about a new student joining the class. He stood next to Jenny, putting his arm around here. "Everyone, this is our new transfer student, Jennifer. Welcome to our class, Jennifer, care to tell us anything about yourself?"

Meg sat quietly with her eyes forward. The girl from before looked at the only other seats in the room.

"My name is Jenny... I used to live here, left for three years and came back a few days ago." she said. Her voice was cool and she shrugged the arm off. "Do I have a seat, sir?" she asked him then.

"Just go sit there next to Meg or something." the teacher pointed to an empty desk beside Meg, sounding bored once he mentioned her.

Meg was still silent as the other students were too, meeting Jenny for the first time.

Jenny shrugged and sat next to Meg. She then started to doodle on the corner of her schedule. "Hn, stupid teacher..." she said under her breath. She absently chewed on some chewing gum.