chapter 4

Meg smiled and walked out with Jenny. "So, wanna go to your house?" she never managed to ask that question without a hurtful answer following it.

"Sure, that's where we were going." the icy teen said. She led Meg into her house.

"That's what I thought." Meg told her then came inside the house.

A woman who looked similar to Jenny came out of the living room, into the hallway.

"Um... hello." Meg waved at the woman, she assumed to be Jenny's mother.

Jenny smiled at her mother. "Mom, this is Meg, Meg, this is my mom." she introduced.

Jenny's mom smiled. "Hi, Meg, call me Maria..." she said. "Oh, and are you going to stay for dinner?" she asked.

"Oh, okay, hello Maria, if that's okay with you." Meg smiled.

Jenny smiled. "If she wants, can Meg stay the night?" she asked.

Maria looked at Meg and smiled. "Of course you can stay for dinner and a sleepover if you want to." she said, very friendly.

"Wow, I never had a sleepover at someone else's house before, usually with my old friends when they would come over, they would be gone before the night was over." Meg sounded deeply flattered.

Jenny looked at Meg. "So, you'll stay?" she asked.

"And what do you want for dinner?" Maria asked.

"Well, we haven't had these in a while and I've been hungry for them ever since, but do you think I could have pork chops?" Meg asked, still on the brink of eating that, she had a craving for it lately.

"Yeah, sounds nice, Mom." Jenny told her.

Maria nodded, smiling. "Okay, you don't mind a little spice though, do you, dear?" she asked.

"Surprise me." Meg told her with a smile.

"Come on, Meg, let's go to my room." Jenny said.

Maria nodded and shooed them upstairs. Meg followed her up. Hopefully Jenny's bedroom would be more proper for someone their age. Jenny opened her room. It was darker coloured and was quite neat. However there was a corner that was messy. The bed had a deep red bedspread on.

"Nice room..." Meg said, walking inside.

"Thanks, Meg." Jenny said with a smile.

"Do you girls want cookies and milk after dinner?" Maria called up, after all, Jenny did still like milk and cookies.

"Chocolate chip?" Meg asked, filled with glee.

Jenny hid a smirk, knowing how her mom would reply.

"No, rum and raisin!" Maria first called up, the teasing sarcasm clear. "Of course chocolate chip, sweetheart!" she then called, her voice showing she wasn't mad or being mean by the way she said the first thing.

"Oh." Meg said, then laughed once she realized it was a joke.

"You know I do, Mom!" Jenny called down. She then gestured for Meg to sit down on one of the beanbags.

Maria laughed. "Okay, I'll call you down when dinner is ready!" she told them.

Meg laughed a bit, then sat on one of the beanbags. It was a little strange at first, but she then managed to make herself comfortable. "I don't think I've ever sat in a beanbag chair before."

"Comfy, are they not?" Jenny asked, smiling.

"Very, a little weird to get used to though." Meg laughed a little.