chapter 2

Meg's eyes went very big from that. "He kept getting killed?" she went out with Jenny into the food place and they both looked around.

Jenny nodded. "Yeah, I protected him when I could." she said. She saw the man arguing with the food clerk and merely shrugged, it didn't look like bullying. She went with Meg to wait to get called for service.

"Can I get a chicken salad?" the mayor asked.

"No," the teen behind the counter said.

"Can I get a coconut cake?"

"No."

"Can I have a sesame seed bun covered in mustard?"

"No."

"Well, gosh dangit, what kind of restaurant is this!?" the man grabbed the teen by his collar, looking angry.

"A fast food one, Mr. West..." the teen replied, like the mayor was an idiot, which no doubt, he was.

"Oh, great, Mayor West..." Meg sighed, slightly rolling her eyes.

"Listen kid, I know people, I've been saying lives since before you were born, now give me some popcorn!" the mayor kept arguing.

The teen rolled his eyes. "Next!"

Jenny looked at the man, her lips twitching slightly. They went forwards to order their food.

"Darn, I'll let you regret this..." the mayor grunted under his breath and walked off, then smirked. "Hello, Megan."

Meg hummed a little, then turned her attention to the teen to take their order. "I'll have a juicy burger with lettuce and tomato and chicken fries please."

"A chicken burger and fries please." Jenny said. She raised an eyebrow at the man's reaction to Meg. Her black tinted lips pursed a little as the man's face was handsome. Kind of like when Keira Knightley looked at that naval guy.

"Anything to drink?" the teen asked, tapping their order into his register.

"Hmm... Root beer." Meg shrugged, not really caring.

"A Coke please." Jenny said. She looked a second longer at this 'Mr. West' before looking aloof.

"Okay, that'll be $20.95." the teen told them.

Meg took out some money to see if she had enough. It didn't seem like that much for her and Jenny.

"Dammit... it's bad enough they serve kids meals without toys and now no cream corn for Adam West! This is a democracy!" the mayor grunted, sounding like a child.

Jenny saw how much Meg had and pulled out the rest. "Okay..." she said and handed him the money for it. She looked at Adam. "Creamed corn... That's easy to make." she said, her tone a little cold as usual.

The teen went to the back to get their order ready while Meg went to find a spot for them. Jenny waited for the food, leaning against the counter. Her shirt lifted up slightly at the back to reveal what looked like the end of wings. Meg glanced out the window as they waited.

The mayor walked over, eating some candy from his pocket. He glanced at Jenny, then back at his candy. "I know what you're thinking... I know it's true, everyone in town questions it... Mayor Adam West, how'd you get so lucky?" he grinned, suddenly going in a daze about himself. "Well, it all started when I was a boy and drinking some grape juice my mother gave me on the playground..."

Jenny rolled her eyes, but allowed Adam to go on. "Mayor West, however interesting that was to listen to my...Friend and I must have our lunch." she said after he had finished the story.