chapter 6

Mayor West came to the platform. "Gooood morning, Vietnam!" he called out to the crowd, then continued the line from that movie, and the principal whispered to him. "What do you mean I'm not in a beloved comedy movie? I didn't sign up for this!"

"Umm... Yes you did, sir." the principal told him.

"I did? Well I'll be." Mayor West looked back to the students. "Hello, boys and girls!"

Jenny hid a snort behind her composed look. She did give a small smirk though. Ruth tittered a little, though quietly. 

"Don't listen to your parents! Do drugs! Flip cars over!" West lectured.

"Mr. West, what are you doing? We can't tell students that stuff!" the principal stormed over.

"Yeah, well, kids don't listen to adults anyway... Why should I listen to you? You're not even my real father!" the mayor sneered at him.

The principal sighed, thinking maybe having Adam West speak to the students was a grave mistake.

"Right on, Mayor West!" one of the drug using students called, then started to light a cigarette.

Jenny had to fight hard to hide a smile. The mayor was so funny. Ruth looked in slight disgust at the drug using kid, she'd never do that herself.

"How many of you looove your new mayor?" Adam asked to the crowd.

Some of the kids cheered.

Connie stood up from her seat. "Over here, Mr. West! Jenny is head over heels for ya!" she called out, then ducked down from her row in order to keep from being seen by icy Jenny. 

Meg glared at Connie, she had seen that. Ruth also had seen Connie stand up a second and frowned at the blonde. Jenny had paled slightly, her silver eyes widening only one visible though due to her hairstyle, but her cheeks went a light pink. She also stiffened, her posture tensed, almost as if coiled to spring up and run.

"Knock it off, Connie." Meg murmured darkly.

"What're you gonna do?" Connie scoffed, hitting the back of Meg's head.

"I love you too, random citizen!" Mayor West called, then carried on like nothing happened to annoy or anger him.

Jenny turned her head and glared at Connie for hitting Meg. She used her tense position to lunge at Connie. Ruth tried to stop them both. Connie looked innocent, but then devilishly smirked at the new girl in school.

"I wish someone would just put Connie in her place." Meg growled.

Jenny, who had been preparing to pounce actually did so. She punched Connie in the cheek as she did. Ruth looked surprised, she was Meg's friend but she wouldn't attack anyone like that, even if they were bad like Connie.

Connie screamed and grunted as the other students watched. "Get off!" she cried, then grew silent as the abuse piled on. She was finally getting a taste of her own medicine with the bashing.

Meg smiled wickedly, feeling like she had wanted to do that to Connie for years, but had no success before. Mayor West continued his speech, not seeming to notice the teenage girls fighting. 

Jenny was a tough cookie and so was able to fight a little better than Connie, however the girl was able to get a few hits in. Ruth looked surprised.

One of the teachers went to stop them fighting. "Stop it!" she scolds the girls. She then looked at the podium. "Will somebody help me please?!" she asks exasperatedly.

"This looks like a job for—" Mayor West ripped off his suit to show a stereotypical teenager outfit such as a short-sleeved shirt with shorts, sandals and a backwards baseball cap. "Not Batman!" he stormed up the stairs to the row the girls were in. "Oh, my god, you're hurt!" he sounded panicked.