11

"Someone could have died if it wasn't me!" Kirishima shouted after coming out of the frozen robot like a mole. It fell on him after he tried to run through the same path Todoroki did. I jumped when another person dug out of the robot, having a similar quirk to Kirishima and saying basically the same thing he did.

Alright I don't have time to question the chances of that happening, I've got to focus on getting through. I took a glance at Izuku, but quickly realized that I shouldn't rely on his plans, and I know he probably wants to get through this with his own strength too. They're huge robots, if I move fast, I can probably jus float and run up them. People started teaming up to take them down and I could see Katsuki blast himself ahead. Of course he has no problems. I chuckled to myself and quickly ran over to the biggest robot, floated up half way, planting my foot onto the metal and jumping up the rest of the way when it started attacking me. Or rather, itself at this point.

I leaped off of it's head to catch up with a few people who already got past, moving out of the way when a few smaller robots almost smashed me into oblivion. I am going to die from the damn obstacle course alone, not even the other events. I also should have probably started moving rather than standing there thinking earlier because now there's people ahead of me.

I shook off the thought and finally decided to tune into Present Mic on the speakers, yelling about how the next course would be more difficult since this one seemed too easy. I ran right into someone, making them almost fall off the edge of the second course. I grabbed their hand and pulled them back, realizing I almost sent Mina plummeting to her death

"Oh shit I am so sorry-"

"I ALMOST DIED YUUTO. YOU ALMOST KILLED ME," she cried out shaking me by my shoulders.

I chuckled nervously, "Well.. the key word there is almost."

She deadpanned at me and I took a step back in case she was thinking of throwing me over the edge instead after that statement, "You definitely owe me one."

I quickly started flying over the ropes, looking back at her and yelling, "Huh? What'd you say? Thanks for stopping you from falling? No problem!" Sweat was pouring down my face as I landed on a pillar of land. I took a glance back seeing her sliding across the ropes with a vein popping out. That's when I took off again, making it over to the other side, finally in ear range to hear the sweet screams of my blonde childhood friend. That was meant to be sarcastic but thinking about it now, it just sounds... a bit wrong.

I almost tripped because I wasn't focusing, and I slapped myself, earning strange looks. They don't understand my mental turmoil. I quickly started sprinting faster; no one needs to know the thoughts in my head. 

When I got to the landmine, all I could see was Todoroki. Where the hell is Katsuki? I shrugged to myself and started flying as fast as I could over to first place, hearing other people starting to arrive behind me because all I could hear was explosions. And then the explosions got closer. I turned around to see who it was, and bam, there he was, Katsuki. He made eye contact with me and a sick grin grew on his face. The fear was definitely going through my veins now. If I could have gone faster, I would have.

"THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME, HUH?" he yelled out to me. I just kept looking forward and trying to somehow will myself away from this devil spawn who was catching up to me. That's when I got fucking wind blade kicked in the back by this jackass. Sent me straight into the ground and a landmine exploded right in my face. "DIE!"

I sobbed on the floor for a minute before realizing it didn't really hurt and I had no time to be comically betrayed by someone who I was already aware would do that to me. I ended up catching up to two Class B people. One of them had pretty cool green hair. They didn't seem to really be struggling. Just by her hair I could tell it was part of her quirk. The other guy, though, I have no idea what his quirk could be.

A huge explosion suddenly went off behind us, and I thought someone sneaked in an actual mine before I saw Izuku flying over everyone. All I could hear is Present Mic's narration as we all neared the hall back into the festival's main building. My face was then smashed into a all of green vines, and I fell on my ass and the green haired girl and the guy next to her started running into the hall. "The hell?!" I shouted, ripping the vines out of the floor with my quirk and reaching my other hand out and grabbing the uniform of the guy next to this Class B girl with my telekinesis. I threw him behind me and took off running, having spent way too much of my quirk. My eyes squinted in pain but I just kept running. No way will I lose any more than this.

When I entered the stadium, the green haired girl looked behind her and then widened her eyes at the sight of me. Did she think my quirk was to fly or something? I shook my head before running over to Izuku who was staring at his hand for whatever reason. Ochako seemed to have the same idea as she ran over and yelled out his name. I stopped running over and looked between them. I dunno what I just felt but we're gonna ignore that. I looked over at Iida who was giving off depressed vibes and I jogged over to him.

"I can't believe I fell behind with this quirk..." he mumbled to himself. I threw an arm over his shoulder, effectively scaring him, and grinned at his startled face.

"You definitely didn't do bad though, man. I mean, I can literally fly. I should probably have been first, huh?" I said, laughing at myself lightly. I'm a little serious though. I mean, c'mon. I shoulda at least got third or something. I did not have good luck this time around but I did at least get fifth out of 42 students, shouldn't complain. Though my head does hurt a bit.

He smiled slightly at me and nodded, "Yes, we have a long way to go to get to our full potential!"

I looked around after I nodded back at him, making eye contact with that purple haired guy. He had a creepy look on his face while he stared at me. Wow that's weird, I'm just going to ignore that then. 

"HEY!" Katsuki's voice shouted at me before I got ripped away from Iida. "You think you have the right to compete with me-"

I took his hand off of me, which made its way to clutching at his forearm, and raised a brow, "The right to compete with you in a school competition that we are both part in? Yea. I'm pretty sure I-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP! You think you can get away with shit because I-..." He stopped, a confused expression coming on his face. He then returned to his usual scowl, "I'm already pissed because of that loser-"

Midnight cut him off this time, and there was a whole explanation to the new event. A cavalry battle with teams of two to four people. Looks like you're supposed to pick a leader from how the picture shows it. She then said that there is a point system and Ochako and Mina started talking about how that would work, effectively irritating Midnight. While she was showing the points on the board, someone smacked my shoulder. I looked over and saw Mina, who was looking forward acting innocent. My eyes squinted at her, and then at the board, and I amost laughed. 

Izuku has such bad luck.

---

And there it is