13

After running away from Katsuki enough to tire him out, we ended up in the tournament's building. It was time for a lunch break, but I don't think we were anywhere near the cafeteria. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Todoroki and Izuku walking down an empty hallway with their backs facing us. The blond chasing me quickly caught up to my now motionless body, about to attack me but I quickly grabbed the wrist of the hand that was thrown at me in attempt to blow me up. He was about to yell again so I just put a hand over his mouth and motioned over to the two in front of us who turned a corner later on in the hallway.

He calmed down immensely and took my hand off of his face, making his way over to the other pair of people. I followed after him. We were both curious about what they could be discussing, especially since Todoroki declared war earlier. I leaned against the wall, while my explosive friend just stood beside me closer to the corner.

"Midoriya are you.. All Might's secret love child or something?" I slowly brought my hand up to my mouth, pressing my lips shut to try to keep quiet. Secret love child..? I almost laughed again when I repeated it in my head. Izuku wasn't even saying anything so he probably didn't see that coming either, and it just made it even funnier. Katsuki kicked me in the shin, quickly pulling my attention away from amusement to pain. I grit my teeth and glared at him but he just stared forward.

The green haired teen in question finally replied, "Th-that's not it! I mean, even if I was, I would say I wasn't so I don't think you'd believe me, but anyway, that's not how it is..!" I could hear him breaking out into nervous sweats over here. I didn't even have to see him to know. "In the first place, let me ask you something.. why do you think that about me?"

Todoroki seemed to just brush off that question and started again, "Since you said, 'that's not how it is,' that means there's a connection between you two that you can't talk about, right? Endevor's my old man. I'm sure you know that he's been stuck as the number two hero for forever. If you have something from the number one hero, then I.. have even more reason to beat you." Oh man. Todoroki is smart even if he says things in a weird way. I don't think anyone but him questioned why they're always together. "My old man has a strong desire to rise in the world. As a hero, he won a name for himself with crushing force. Because of that, the living legend, All Might, is a great eyesore to him. Since he couldn't surpass All Might, he moved onto his next plan."

"What are you talking about, Todoroki? What are you trying to tell me?" Izuku asked the question that we were all wondering.

Todoroki went on to explain that he was the product of a quirk marriage, and that his father created him to surpass All Might. A deep frown made its way onto my face when he said his mother was the one to burn his face due to a hatred towards Endevor. His goal was to win first place at the festival in order to show his dad that he didn't need him or his quirk. They walked out of the building completely and continued the conversation out there, where Izuku told him his side of the story. I looked at the time on my phone and my eyes widened. I just ran and left the blond behind because I was about to miss lunch, and there was no way that was happening.

After I arrived at the cafeteria, I quickly got a tray of food and looked around for somewhere to sit. "(F/n)! Over here!" I looked towards the voice and saw Kirishima waving wildly at me. I grinned and walked over to the group, seeing Kaminari, Tokoyami, Sero, and Sato. I walked over and sat next to them, seeing that they were mostly just talking now since almost all of their food was gone. Once I set my tray down I just started eating while Kirishima started talking about random things with Kaminari and I, but I must say I was more concerned with finishing my food so I didn't die of fatigue later.

Kaminari got pulled away by Mineta who was probably trying to do something dumb, so I became the only one who he was talking to now. "So Kirishima, have you gotten any stronger from when we trained together?" I asked, opening a whole new topic so he could talk while I listened. He immediately began explaining what he's been doing. Everyone has been done with their food for a while now, and I have successfully finished mine on time.