Ch.3/2

(This takes place the same time that George and Karl go see Ranboo, ALSO I'm planning on posting this on A03, or whatever that website is called, also Thank You so much for all the votes and reads..its awesome how many of you are here already. Enjoy~) 

Chapter 3/2  New characters have join the game

The Hunters left the fire ablaze while following the trail that we made. I watched as the fire flicked, twisted, and waved as the gentle breeze gave it life. Slowly I jumped down from branch, to branch, hitting the ground while walking towards the fire. These Hunters have been on our trails for a week now, trying to get one of us. After a week, we have decided that they wouldn't listen, and try to kill us. The Hunters follow the Games too much, they believe in it, so of course they wouldn't listen to two Speed-Runners, especially Dream, the one they are truly after.

I grabbed a stick out of the flames, thankfully that it couldn't burn my hands due to the gloves I wore, before throwing the stick at a tent. I did this with the other three tents, watching as the flames got bigger before destroying the Hunter's base. I walked away before the Hunter's come back, they definitely wouldn't be pleased in me. Or the fact that we made them follow a fake trail, giving me time to destroy their things. Hunters think they are high and mighty so tricky them by using their own confidence, is their own downfall. I jumped back into the tree before making my way deeper in the forest by jumping from branch to branch. Thankfully I was fast enough that even the weakest of branches were able to hold me seeing as I didn't stay on.

"S-s-sap." I grabbed on to a branch when a voice in my head spoke up. A pressure laid on my head. It wasn't that heavy to give me a headache, but it was noticeable seeing it laid between my eyes.

I whisper back, "Hey Dream."

"You destroy their things?"

"Of course~" I jumped onto the next branch, "All of their supplies were destroyed."

"Good because they are on their way back. They realized that the trail we made was a flunk."

"About time. Those idiots were at it for what, an hour?"

Dream gave a laugh, one that surprisingly sounded like a kettle that my family would use to make hot chocolate.

"T-two hours actually!" He wheezed again, "You should have seen their faces! Big Dumber looked two minutes away from pissing himself. He's A LITTLE PISS BABY!" I rolled my eyes, only Dream would have an inside joke about piss.

"Whatever man, you on your way back to the waterfall?"

It took a bit for Dream to breath before saying a low 'yes'.

"Great I'll be there soon."

"Will do, don't get killed."

"No promises." With that the pressure loosen up and I was left alone. I jumped onto the next branch, going even deeper in the forest. Its weird to think about that when I was living underground, in school they told us that the uperworld was unlivable, that most of the Earth crust was destroyed, making many Speed-runners die off that way. But yet, it wasn't true. There are parts where we have to wear a gas mask seeing as the air is toxic, but usually only where the bombs hit in the first place. But places like this where it was out of reach of the blast, this is where things grow and thrive. The trees were different colors, trees that those old books talk about, from before the war didn't even exist anymore. Instead of a brown trunk or green leaves, these trees had fully transparent leaves that changed colors from the light. A few were yellow, somewhere white, many were rainbow. The trunks were also different, purple, red, even yellow. The animals were also different, while scavenging one day I came to a painting of a field with what had to be the past deer. Our deer though was nothing like the painting showed. Our deer had living, growing trees instead of antlers, plain white instead of brown, and very strong six legs.

Our world was different from before, and dare I say, our world was actually more beautiful. If only we could share the beauty with the Hunters, with the people in the ground. Speaking of Hunters, I grabbed a trunk and was lucky enough to spot movement before I made the jump. I pushed my body against the tree, hoping that my sudden movements didn't catch their attention as they walked by.