Ch.11

Chapter 11-A New Beginning To A New Story

Dream seemed to be in a haste to show me more of the city <per-say >of L'manburg. It was a while longer before he took me to the restrooms which was at first suspicious. He then cleared that up by saying that I smelled and I needed a good wash. Taking a shower, which frankly was an interesting experience from its wooden pipes and a bit of chilly water, was refreshing. Even the new clothes Dream gave me where-softer. He didn't give me any armor or anything leather other than a belt (that was now wrapped around my waist), But when I took them before I took a shower; I was shocked to feel the texture of the blue long sleeve shirt. It was nothing like what we made at home, it was made out of some form of wool but not made from sheep or cattle I knew of. It was just soft.

After that, he came in when I was decent and said that he wanted to continue the tour, I didn't complain.

Dream pointed at a little shack as we continued our walk, "That's where we cook our food and store it. Everyone eats together, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Unless of course, you're out scavenging- and of course, everyone is allowed to scavenge their food. But it's just better for everyone to eat together. Saves extra savaging being done. It wastes time in getting everyone their own rations of food."

I rubbed my arm, still in awe of the shirt, "Cool."

"Are you even paying attention?"

"Your clothes are weird," I say.

Then Dream laugh-a laugh I never heard anyone else be able to make. I hate his laugh, only because it was addictive and I couldn't help but smile, even chuckle a bit with him. If I wasn't stubborn, I would have laughed with him.

"You're such an idiot George." He wheezed out.

I tilted my head still smiling, "What?"

He finally got himself together but still seemed to have a few chuckles left, "I'm showing you around, and the only thing you can say is-my clothes are weird?"

"Not your clothes per se." I say as I pick at the sleeve, "I mean it's just-"I glared trying to find my words only to get frustrated, "This is frustrating! L'manburg is just so different. And on top of what you said, to everything, it's so confusing." I rubbed my eyes under my glasses trying to gather my thoughts in one. But even after a nice shower-taking a few minutes to breathe-I still can't seem to grasp everything. I can feel a headache forming.

Dream was quiet for a second before saying, "Tonight we will be having a huge dinner. Maybe having food will help."

I remove my hands being confused, "How the hell does that help?"

Dream shrugged, "Food."

I rolled my eyes before walking forward, "Whatever."

Dream and I kept walking around, only to stop when children came running by. I fidget as I kind of hid behind Dream, who grabbed my arm trying to force me to stand by him again. But I couldn't face them. Not when only a few days ago I was with them when they were forced to become Speed-runners.

Casey and Ethan walked over to Dream; Casey holding a bouquet. Without the masks and tears, I can genuinely see how young the two are. And with Casey smiling so innocently, and so pure, I realized that they're just children. The Hunter in me still thought about the monsters they are and their breed that killed many of my own. But yet-I wanted to hide away from their eyes. Dream was holding me in place, I was only able to look down and hope they didn't see me. Which I knew was wishful thinking, but one can hope.

"Hey, Dream!" Casey chirped, looking much different than when she left the elevator. Happier, healthier, younger.

"Hi." Dream said, even giving a wave.