five

Jaemin thought it'd be a temporary thing. That Jeno was just excited over new feelings for a new person and that he wanted to give his all to Naeun and their budding relationship. Jaemin knew that as Jeno's best friend, he should be elated for him but as someone that harboured feelings for Jeno, he couldn't help but feel upset whenever Jeno would spend more time with Naeun and disappointed that Jeno's sweet actions weren't directed at him.

He was, however, more disappointed in himself for not being able to contain his jealousy. Jaemin knew this was bound to happen. Just as naturally as he had caught feelings for the older boy, he knew it'd only be time before he had to let go of Jeno, to see Jeno experiencing love with someone else. He knew that he was in no position to get angry at Jeno for spending less time with him, especially since they never made concrete plans. Even before Naeun, all the time they'd spend hanging out were simply because they lived so close to each other, making plans often came about when either would walk into the other's house bored on weekends.

These past couple of weeks consisted of Jeno driving to school, picking up Naeun on the way while Wonwoo drove his own car to school, Jaemin tagging along. Of course Jeno had offered to drive Jaemin too but Jaemin decided against having to third-wheel his crush and said-crush's potential girlfriend.

But today was a special day. It was Jeno and his 10-year-best-friendiversary, the 16th of May, marking 10 years since the Na's had moved in next door. Technically, their anniversary was to be on the 23rd of June, the day they'd officially met but they both decided it was too sad a day to celebrate, seeing as Jaemin's mother had passed away only a day before.

"Jaemin-ah, let's go!"

Jeno emerged from his window, dressed in an all black outfit. A black puffer coat that ended right at his hips, a black NO FAKE FRIENDS t-shirt underneath, tight black pants with lots of pockets and his black Balenciaga sock-shoes that Jaemin had gotten him for his birthday.

"Why'd you copy me, you in love with me or something?" Jeno raised an eyebrow while he fixed the black baseball cap that sat atop his raven hair, giggling when he saw Jaemin's flustered face.

Clearing his throat and rolling his eyes, Jaemin adjusted his black leather jacket, looking down at his outfit. Indeed, it looked like he had planned to match with Jeno. With his black NO FAKE FRIENDS hoodie underneath, his black ripped skinny jeans and the same pair of Balenciaga shoes he'd gotten for himself.

"It's not my fault, you always need to get everything I get. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were in love with me,"

He'd been getting better at acting indifferent, especially with the excessive amount of skinship and the casual flirtatious remarks shared between the two, Jaemin had to make sure he kept the blushing and getting flustered to a minimum. Talking about Jeno being in love with him, however, made his heart beat just a little faster and blood rush to his face. He was in such a daze dwelling on Jeno and his previous statements that he didnt notice his friend making his way towards him until he turned to see his face mere inches away from Jeno's.

"Finishing touch," Jeno smiled, placing a black bucket hat on Jaemin's brown mop of hair, before turning and making his way towards the door and heading out.

When Jeno had finally left his sight, Jaemin took in a large breath, almost choking seeing as he seemed to forget how to breathe when they were so up close.

He walked out of his bedroom and into his quiet and empty house- Wonwoo had left to meet his mother and Acron was having being babysat by Chenle and Jisung.

"Hurry up, loser!" Jeno yelled, his arm stretched out behind him as he waited outside for Jaemin. Said boy smiled, running towards his impatient best friend before slotting his hand in Jeno's, his grin getting wider when he felt fingers wave between his and a tug on his arm.