two

"Hi, what can I get you?"

"Can I have a scoop of Sweet Cream and an Iced Americano, please?"

"Sure thing,"

"Oh! It's you, Naeun. How's your mum doing?"

"Hi, Naeun,"

"Hello Jaemin, hi Jeno," Naeun smiled back, "Mum's fine, she's just stressing a bit, my brother's moving back after staying with my Dad in China and she's looking for a place for him to stay. I'll have your orders right up!"

"Thank you! Let me know if you need anything," Jaemin said before turning back to Jeno who was hunched down giving Acorn scratches.

-

"She's pretty,"

"Who?"

"Lee Naeun, she's grown up so much over the holidays," Jeno sighed, his eyes forming crescent moons, the sides of his mouth covered in ice cream.

Jaemin feet stomped into the sand that covered the ground, the swing that was in full motion coming to a sudden halt.

"You like her?" Jaemin questioned, his smile stretching wider across his face as Jeno's face turned such a bright red it was visible even under the dim lights. The slight creaking of the other swing was the only thing that Jaemin got in response. His feet swept across the sandy floor as he travelled the meter that separated him from his flustered friend. He stopped, just before where Jeno sat, his legs sandwiched between the latter's. He inched closer, though painfully slow, his gaze never moving away from the sight of his friend with his head down. His careful fingers grazed the other boy's chin, lifting his face up slightly so their eyes met. He moved closer, their faces mere centimeters apart before leaning down to place his cup of coffee on the floor.

"Do you?" Jaemin inquired again, the sides of his mouth never dropping, that small smile still playing on his lips. His sight bounced between Jeno's eyes as he waited for his friend's response.

"I guess, I'm not too sure myself,"

"How can you not be sure?"

"I don't know! You're one to talk, the last time you got any action was in kindergarten!"

"I was a great prince charming, a brilliant actor even when I was 6, some might call me a child prodigy," Jaemin leaned back, rolling his eyes and flicking Jeno's forehead.

"Big deal! Kim Kyulkyung said you were a terrible kisser. Anyway, I just dont know. When I saw her today, I just felt funny, I felt different." Jeno pushed off the swing and glanced at Acorn who had fallen asleep next to the swingset.

"My precious baby, he must be sleepy after running around so much. Let's go home,"

"No! I barely got to enjoy the swing, you kept annoying me with your girl problems," Jaemin huffed, his eyebrows furrowing. He pushed back as far as he could before lifting his feet off the ground, swinging up high.

"You're such a child," Jeno commented, glancing up at his friend on the swing, his fingers never leaving the samoyed's fur.

"But you love me," Jaemin replied with a wink.

"What was that? What was that?" Jeno exclaimed, "Acorn, he's gone mad. Did you see that? He winked! We have to go home now, I'll save you my baby!"

With that, Jeno took off, his arms tightly wrapped around the puppy as he burst out in laughter.

"Hey! That's my child! You're a kidnapper!" Jaemin yelled, picking the trash they left on the group before taking off too.

-