The Night of the Attack

*****

*****

I'm waiting up, saving all my precious time

Losing light, I'm missing my same old us

Before we learned our truth too late

Resigned to fate, fading away

*****

October 31, 1981

Godric's Hollow, West Country

England, Great Britain.

Harry laughed as James waved his wand, making the snitch zoom from the locked cupboard to his hand, which he made to swirl through the air, around Harry as he used to swirl the ribbons for Calla. He reached up one tiny hand to grab it, only to find his hand went right through the air. He kept trying, laughing loudly, his laughter ringing through the house.

Lily sat drinking coffee and laughed as Harry kept jumping making efforts without any gain. He kept Calla's stuffed toys down earlier and stopped crying and demanding for her as he now looked more interested in the zooming ball above his head. Harry was trying to catch the golden snitch which was flying around his head.

BANG!

The house rattled, and another bang came from the door. It shook, and shook, as bangs continued to echo throughout the house. James Potter stood and went to the living room, poised to attack, pointing his wand at the door of the room which he exited as he moved furniture to cover the door tightly shut, as he heard his voice.

"Voldemort"

The gate creaked a little and he shouted.

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! Run! I'll hold him off!"

Hold him off..... The intruder laughed before casting the spell and bursting the door open.

"James Potter, you have lost the war. I have sent your little Calla with my dear Death Eater friends before coming here. Give me Harry Potter and I shall spare your life."

James's heart skipped a beat. Tears threatened but could not stop now. He cast a spell at the intruder. He started to duel Voldemort when he was hit by the disarming spell that hit him, from his side. He looked horrified with bulging eyes to see his half invisible friend standing with his wand in his hand. The traitor!

Hold him off?..... without a wand in his hand... 

Voldemort's sickening laughter rang in his ears, he looked at the mantelpiece for one last time glancing at hanging pictures of his family and friends. Thinking for a moment about the future which awaited his little flower and his boy, his love. That's when he heard: