Arrival & Friendships

The chapter is dedicated to my readers  @animefan25 and 

Thank you for inspiring me to continue this.

*****

                                                 "There's something about arriving in new cities, wandering empty streets with no destination. I will never lose the love for the arrivals, 

but I'm born to leave."

*****

They reached the stands in the entrance hall of Ilvermorny. This was a place where all of the students could enter. Older students were standing on the balconies above the stands. The seemingly unfamiliar but loud noise of hushed voices was ringing in the hall. Once one was inside, they would truly feel tiny in comparison to the gigantic stage and the guardian knot spreading the center of the stage; they were like ants on top of a massive hill.
The stage consisted of huge wooden statues of the mascots of the four houses facing them. Each statue was inscribed at the bottom with the words of many famous people who belonged to that house; mysterious and powerful energies were being exuded from them continuously. It was this energy that protected the stage, rendering it impervious to any damage time may have inflicted.

Each of them towered over one hundred meters tall. All of them had different expressions, yet they were all very realistic. It was apparent that they were carved by the hands of a renowned expert with a blade technique that was very natural and perfect.

Azazel saw a boy literally gaping at the mascots with wide eyes. Her train of thoughts was disrupted when she heard a bell from the podium placed at the center of the central staircase.

"What do you think they are empty for Fiana?" Azazel asked Fiana.

" Oh, Please call me Ana. To answer your question I presume for other students maybe." Fiana said unsurely.

" Call me Aza then," Azazel said smiling for the first time.

Fiana smirked and then smiled at her newfound friend and said;

" We will just have to wait then Azazel. Maybe we will find out."

" You are British then, Ana? All the way from London? "

"Yes and No. I am Half-British Half- American and raised in Alaska half of the time. My mother used to be British."

"I would really love to visit London. I have never really been there. It is a nice place I heard."

"It's an absolutely lovely place. You are American then I presume?"

"Yes, Proud American Citizen! Those are really beautiful mascots."

"Oh, They look magnificent!" She looked at a boy who said this to them.

"Hi, Bill Martell." He greeted looking at them.

"Hello, Azazel Riddle." She greeted him, looking at Fiana to introduce herself.

"Hello, Fiana Graves," Fiana said smirking again, looking at Azazel.

"Graves?" Azazel furrowed her eyebrows and hissed.

Fiana asked smirking," Yes, Riddle?"

"Thought I would just see how exactly the Gaunts behave! You seem to be quite dull and naive though. Quiet shame to their name aren't you." Graves said.

Azazel moved closer to the girl and hissed in her ear;

"If I just had a wand, I would have told you myself how naive and dull I am, Graves. Shame in the name of Gaunts you say I am. I would love for you to say that in front of my father."

She moved away from the girl with a sickly sweet smile gracing her lips. She saw the drops of sweat started to accumulate on her forehead, but the girl held herself upright.

"ARE YOU THREATENING ME RIDDLE?" She asked as her voice amplified gaining attention from the crowds near them.

"Take it as a good friend's suggestion Ms. Graves!" Azazel just smiled.

She had reversed the whole situation in a matter of seconds. She had recognized the girl much earlier when she introduced herself. That was the result of the training she had been given. Blond hair, Blue eyes, Air of Elegance, and Polite and Patient talks were the trademarks of the Graves family.

Both of the girls who were seconds ago making a nice talk, were wickedly glaring at each other at the moment in the middle of the crowd who seemed to be looking at them making conversations in a hushed voice.

Bill was gaping at them like they were stark raving mad!

"Is something the issue? Whatis the commotion for?" A grey-skinned Pukwidgie asked grumpily who was showing the students ways, came over, and stared at them. However, his ears slowly erected up and his eyebrows furrowed, without waiting for any response the 2.5 feet tall creature continued;

" Please sit down in your seats. The ceremony will begin momentarily" He said grumpily again and stalked away pulling his cloak complaining about mischievous children nowadays cause.

"Attention Please!" An aged Woman... Professor as Azazel guessed stood at the podium with parchment rolled in her hand.

The hall went silent as the woman spoke. And everyone returned to their seats and turned their attention to her as she spoke. Azazel caught Bill's arm and showed it in her seat as she sat in his, fortunately away from grave Graves.