She's Coming

*****

*****

The face you hide, 

the side I see

is it the same as,

 the mirage on the sea

*****

September  1, 1991

The Gaunt Manor

Louisiana, New York

There can be nothing more satisfying than the feeling of dawn. Nature is at its best and is the glorious hour. The brilliant beams of the sun give a splendid shading to the mists and knolls, mountains, and valleys. It denotes the trip of the sun in the sky. At initially, there shows up a little chunk of light in the sky. It at that point continues expanding in size and sparkle. The brilliant coating is by all accounts rising and rising. 

Azazel sat on the couch in her room, leaning on the windows, she was witnessing the wonders of that morning. The morning breeze was dancing softly through the dark and thick mossy colored curtains and  tickling her auburn hair across her forehead. Sometimes she wondered, how beautiful the light-colored and silky curtains would look like flowing with the breeze. She put down the book, closed her green eyes, and allowed the breeze to kiss her face. As soft as she wished she could be, she knew she couldn't. 

That was the privilege she didn't afford to have. 

The softness of heart. 

She wished, she could be a soft person. She wished, she could be someone who is kind; someone who can ignore mistakes and the past, someone who wouldn't care about mind games. Someone who can run around without caring about the harsh glares from her guardian. Someone who can chase after butterflies, giggling happily, and compliment their beauty instead of destroying one when she sees one. Just because it is petty. 

But she couldn't. 

She shouldn't.

She knew the consequences of doing so. 

At least after today she thought would be free, she can do what she wanted. She was finally going to go to school. She had absolutely no need to go there. She was already trained. But Mr Carrow thought otherwise. According to him, as she eavesdropped, this would be giving her legality.

She saw this situation as an opportunity. The clock ticked 10 AM. She stood up and picked up her wand and with a flick of her wand, she was packed and all ready to go. She threw one last glance to her room one last glance at her marred and scared innocence that she had kept hidden. And it was the proof that she was somewhere in her heart still...a child.

 With that, straightening her hair and her facial facades, she exited levitating her luggage downstairs in the main hall of the mansion.

Mr Carrow sat there as usual reading 'The Wizarding World News'. She walked down and settled her luggage down near the couch. She was waiting for him to speak as she picked up Daily Prophet.

"All packed I see", He said in his cold tone.

"Yes." She said in an equally cold one as she flipped through the paper.

"Now I don't want any complaint letters coming from your school. Nor do I want anybody reporting that you are not behaving as you are instructed to. One step out of line and I will call an extra special guest from London for your Christmas breaks. Do you understand? ", He threatened in his alarmingly callous voice, staring at her, giving her a deadly glare.

She chuckled nonchalantly.
A special guest? She thought.
Her hands turned cold as her face went slightly red. She was terrified but knew enough to not show her weaknesses. She exactly knew who these special guests were.

"Special Guests?" She merely whispered finally placing the Prophet back on the table as her eyes met his deadly glares almost challenging him.

 She was not scared of him. She wasn't an immature baby anymore. Her knowledge and her ties with the mundane affairs of the world have been connected ever since she started to train. She was irrevocably tied to the pain, that these guests bought to her otherwise not-so-serene life. Pain in which she always tended to find pleasure.
The pain was an escape from her daily life.

"Seriously! How gullible do you think I am, Amycus?" She taunted him, maintaining her dominating posture but neglecting all these formalities and facades. 

"Do you think these feigned and fictitious threat attempts of yours influence me in any way?" She hissed. 

"Call over anyone and everyone if you want to. I do not have any preferences, and I do not care." She spoke in an equally threatening tone.

"Oh!" He smirked sadistically."I see you are excited to see them already. How about it..."

He was cut off by the screech of a thunderbird thundering across the house. It was a call from Ilvermorney. The gateway was about to open within a few moments.

"Well then. Rest assured Amycus. Your Lady knows how she should behave." She said plainly.

"And you in turn do not know how to. The way you speak to me I can assure you, in the next duel, you will suffer. I would better watch out if I were you." She spoke with a sickly sweet smile gracing her lips.

Amycus shuddered involuntarily menacing his weakness, without even taking any notice to conceal it. He knew how evil she could be, how well taught she was. It would really be his death day if he really duelled. She was a threat as well as a boon to the dark side.

Azazel held out her wand, for him to catch. It was Rougarou's hair with Yew, 14 and 1/2 inches. She had received it when she was 3 from Violetta Beauvais. It worked well for her. But she did not really consider it a necessity to perform magic.

"Take it for safekeeping. If it has escaped your notice, my dear guardian, wands aren't allowed to children out of School. And for an eleven-year-old first-year, I am supposed to not have a wand at all." 

She turned around and stood as she faced the "Gate of Ilvermorney",  which magically appeared in front of the gates of the Gaunt manor. It would take her far away from the manor, from her territory to another place. She finally had the opportunity to see the world. To look at the world, she has been told so much about. What was it like? What would it be like to not be in control of him? What would it be like to have people around? She was curious. Very curious indeed. 

She took a deep breath. She knew this was the time her life would change. This change was for good or bad was up to the time. 

But she wished she could be free. Free of restraint. Free of the ropes, those that bound her to this manor. Free of the masks, and facades, and free to discover.

The world was asking for her presence. It was the game of destiny set for her to be free. She had to grab this chance, at this opportune moment.

"I am coming. Azazel Amy Riddle is coming."