The Wand -II

September 1st,1991

Ilvermourny School of Magic

The wand which she received that evening would be just as special as the one she would receive today. Her first wand was Rougarou Hair Core and Alder wood.  She never thought she could have thought, at that moment she would have to take another wand. But there she was standing in front of the whole Academy to get a wand.

Azazel went forward standing in front of the table, as she once again touched the table releasing magic through her fingers. This was something she was taught when she was 4, by Beauvais. It was not easy for her to practice the wandless magic under the supervision of Stella Snyder and the werewolf Greyback. An accumulation of magic at her fingertips was difficult. However hard it must have been for her, she deemed this feat as a vital step in learning magic.  

As wandless magic was the earliest form of magic, it has been revolutionized by the work of many generations. The revolutions made learning and controlling magic easy for one part. But wandless magic on the other hand was totally different story as in this form of magic, you can do magic by your will. The complication they had to overcome was however, the control over it grew over time with practice and age of the wizard.

The wand was a European invention, and some cultures did not traditionally rely upon such tools for performing magic: Native Americans like herself had their own practices of magic that predated European colonization and did not require a wand. This was what inspired Azazel to learn it. She failed many times, she had fallen many times. But his words kept her going. Even though she had not seen him, she knew the reason she was here today was him. But, at the same time, she knew what the old man Lucius had said was right. His era was a really an iconic one, the one which she wanted to witness.  But as iconic it was it was fear inducing and destructive to the other factors of the  society and the reforms which he as well as his followers wished in the society. 

She could feel her magic connecting with the woods and wand cores on the table, she could feel her magic binding with something, with that sensation her eyes flew open, and she backed off from the shaking table in haste as she saw a branch of wood and core binding magically in the air on the table. It was as one would also say beautifully carved and a spiral and twisted wand. There were light black circles carved on the handle of the wand as the length of 12 3/4 inches ran in spiral manner.

"There you are dear! Elm wood and Rougarou hair core." 

"Thank you!" Azazel thanked the scrawny and lean old man, who handed her the wand. She gave him a goofy smile with her mind wandering in the great plains and mountains of Wiltshire, about how dear old itty bitty Lucy would like her wand wood.

"Off you go then! To the Thunderbird stands Miss. Riddle." Said Professor Kline with tight lipped scary look, at her goofy grin.

"Bill Martell", She heard Professor Kline call as she descended the platform.

Azazel zoomed on her way towards the upper stands, where the rest of the students except first years were. She had never seen such spiral stairs in her life till the date. She was climbing to reach the first floor when she felt, the sharp pain pierce through her forehead.