The Middle Room

*****

*****

The golden glow is what she is!

She burns others,

knowing;

she is burning herself. 

*****

The pain in her forehead scampered away as soon as it arrived. It was a foreign feeling that she was feeling.  Azazel started walking to the stands again and she found an empty seat for herself.

She sat there thinking about her mission and the people around her. She knew behaved like a dangerous person, and she knew she was an insanely dangerous person. She felt that she should not mix with simple people. She knew what it would mean for them. She had sanity and she was smart. She knew how to handle and how to make people work for her. She was taught that. One thing she did not want to do at this place was deception. But she knew her goals. She knew what she was trained for. She knew him. 

Time passed, Azazel accessed her surroundings keenly.  Time flew away. She observed Bill was placed in Pukwudgie along with Adolpha. After the last student named Zenobia Zoello, who was placed in Thunderbird alongside her, the ceremony was ended.  The stairs which were previously facing the ground now we're staring at the sky. It was amazing magic. Although it was just displacement magic,  it was incredible thought to apply this for the stairs instead of applying something as simple as moving staircases. 

The senior students headed towards the stairs. And first years gathered together, clueless as to what to do.

"First Years! Walk-in a line behind me." She could hear a Boy ordering to the gathered group of first years. 

The stairs at this moment to her seemed endless. After walking 20 steps, the Prefect stopped. Azazel could see a lane on her left and right side.

" Girls on the left. Boys on the right. First years on 20 steps Seconds on 100,  Thirds on 200 and so on... " The brawny Prefect said as he yawned.

"Go on the names should be mentioned on the rooms as of now. At 6 bells, dinner starts. Till then rest! See you all at dinner." A girl with extremely curly hair chipped in from behind the boy.

The girl flung the door of the left side open and gestured Azazel to head inside. Azazel walked inside with her head held high, and her long coat flying behind her. 

*****

The lane seemed sunny somehow. It felt she was walking in sun. The soft golden carpet was lying in the lane, as a diamond to its beauty.  There were no doors on the walls just endless, drawers!  There was no end she could see. Just an endless golden glow at the end of the lane.

"Why is this the breeze here so cold?" She heard a girl saying behind her.

"Cold?" Azazel asked.

"I am feeling like, I am walking in the summer sun!" Azazel continued.

"Could this also be some kind of magic?" The girl said.

"Must be. We are in a school for magic after all." Azazel said. 

"I am Zenny. Short for Zenobia." She said as she rolled her eyes at her own long name.

 Azazel chuckled as she searched her name on the nameplates of the room. She wondered if he had at any point in his life rolled his eyes at his name.

" I am Azazel. Backronym for Aza you can say." Azazel replied.

"Nice to meet you by the way. " Zenobia said as she bounced in the hallway.

"Pleasured too. Here's your stop, Zenny. "  Azazel said as she saw a drawer with Zenny's name engraved on it.

" Oh Yeah! Thanks. See you." She said as she opened the drawer.

The stairs dropped from the drawer as she opened the drawer. She climbed on the step as everything disappeared in a moment. The only proof of her presence was the faint perfume of hers was still lingering in the air and the ripples in sound waves, which Azazel could feel around her.

"This kind of magic is just amazing." She heard some girl say behind her.

"Oh, I will be looking forward to the day we can learn this too." another girl said

Azazel smirked, sighed and walked forward till the end of the lane. She saw her name on the nameplate in the last place she expected her name to be.

 In the Golden Glow.