Welcome Back

Oct. 6 

// self-indulgent ~ Nadia x MC ~ 

also an AU where MC [at least my character/ fan-apprentice, Zen] is a dimension-hopper, going from the modern world to Vesuvia and vise-versa, magic stuff. 

Zen [previously known as Zelig] goes by he/they pronouns. // 

________________________________________________

You open a magic portal and saw Countess Nadia on the other side. 

You didn't ask her to wait for you, yet here she is offering a chariot ride.
Feeling honored, you leave Reality to join the beautiful countess and sit next to her. 

Nadia: "It must have been a pleasant celebration, you seem exhausted. "

Zen: "Hmm? Oh, uh, it was alright..
We celebrated more of my relatives' birthdays than of mine.. I don't mind though." 

(Nadia looks concerned) 

Zen: "Plus it's nice to see my extended family being happy together, to realize how much we've grown, both in age and in members.
A few people greeted me too, that's good enough for me." 

Nadia: "Oh.. my dear, you deserve much more than that!
You should have told us sooner, we could have- augh, Mother was right, I-"

Zen: "N-Nadia, it's fine, really! There's no need for a party about me.
Everyone has already been busy with work, so going out for lunch with my family was just what I needed."

Nadia: "But what of your desires?"

Zen: "My wants? I.. just want to be productive, finish projects early, then take breaks alone like always. 
Turning 20 years old is not that special.. No one's obligated to do or give anything for me. Like I even deserve-- " 

The countess pressed her finger on to your lips, stopping you from talking. 

Suddenly, time doesn't feel the same. The few days of being apart now felt like years. Perhaps it actually has been, Fiction is a fascinating world. 

Nadia gently brushes a thumb over your chin. You stare at her ruby red eyes, even without saying, you can tell she missed you, of course the feeling is mutual.. 

You miss being this close to her, being comfortable enough to share your thoughts with her.. 
You miss her sincere compliments, her understanding gaze, her soft touch.. 

You missed her.. 

She leans in and kisses you on the lips. You close your eyes, wishing you could stay with her forever. 

She pulls away, smiles, and says "Happy belated Birthday, my precious Zen."

You miss her, and Julian, and Asra, and the others. You miss their company, their love for you, the love you've been yearning back in Reality. 

Nadia and the rest may be fictional, but your feelings are real. And that is beautiful.. 

Zen: "Thank you.

________________________________________________

// hahhaaa,, this is somewhat longer than what I wrote in 2019,
it's 2021 now and I'm still lonely I guess~ //