Death

Oct. 14 , for Day 10

// This bit is based on Julian's route, particularly a scene during the Masquerade. // 

___________________________________________

It all seems so familiar... 

The night is cold, you see Doctor Devorak lying unconscious at the empty Palace Garden...  
Then someone wearing a horse-skull as a mask approaches from the Palace, and carries the doctor off the ground effortlessly despite being somewhat smaller and thinner than he is. 

You try to get closer, not sure why. To follow them? Or to stop them from taking him away? Either way, you can't, there seems to be a glass-like barrier between you and them. Leaving you no choice but to watch. 

As they turn away to bring him inside the palace, time slowed, you shiver at the sight of this instance that appears to be a twisted version of Michelangelo's sculpture "Pietà". 

It may have been an illusion, but you think you see a floating scythe behind them. And the masked person, through their dark veil, looks at you dead in the eye. 

You feel goosebumps and your eyes widen when you finally recognize this figure... 

"Quaestor Valdemar? "
_

Suddenly you wake up, confused. 

You realize you're at the Palace Library. Remembering you were searching for information to help the Countess investigate Doctor Devorak's case. 

It was strange enough that you crossed paths with the Doctor a few times recently, and you've only met the Quaestor once so far. Yet you saw both of them in this odd dream... 

Was it really just a dream? 

___________________________________________

// Ah yes, the "actually happened before but time restarted" thing ~ aka I wanna re-reread the routes again cuz The Arcana is rlly good //