Chapter 3: I'm the Madman at the Foothill Store

"I thought you had a concrete plan when you told me to help you get out?!!" Hana shrieked.

"I didn't!" I screamed back, laughing my ass off. On our tail was the hospital security guard, running after the stowaway prince. 

I'm the stowaway prince. 

Wearing nothing but my hospital gown and glasses, I sprinted like my life depended on it (it did). Hana tried to keep up with my acceleration, but she was gradually losing speed. Soon enough, that guard will catch up to us if we don't run faster.

"Young master—!!" The guard called after me. Yikes, he's basically at our tail!!

"Hana!!" I shouted to get her attention. She was wheezing, and I felt slightly guilty that she had to run with me.

"What, you ungrateful kid?!" She yelled back. I looked back and gave her a sheepish smile. We were nearing the crossroad—one going downhill and the other going uphill. 

"Let's split up! I'll go uphill, you go downhill!!" It was the logical choice. Hana looked like she was losing stamina, so the downhill option would let her gain speed and preserve strength.

"Okay!! I'll go uphill!" 

"What? No!!" I paled.

But, it was too late. Hana started to climb the hill. And what the hell?! How can she go faster while going up hill??

Never mind. As expected, the guard had chosen to pursue me. Going downhill would definitely give him the upper hand but, either way I was the faster one.

Shigeo might have been an athlete before I took over his body. With great reflexes and stamina, I think he must've played one or two sports. I mean, I have abs! 

"Shigeo-sama!! Please come back. Master Cairo will be worried!" The guard called out.

I felt a little elated at being called 'young master'. Yet another privilege of the reincarnated.

Previously, I've mentioned how Cairo is the current director of the hospital, yeah? Well, that's because 'our' parents had passed away seven years ago. At that time, Cairo had just finished his doctorate. And, he immediately took over the hospital, as well as the chain of hotels that was left by the revered Koyama conglomerates.

At least, that's what Hana told me. 

As it turns out, I'm part of the esteemed Koyama family. So, obviously I got my fair share of inheritance. Sadly, being the youngest son of a super rich family also had its disadvantages. One of which, is having people all over my case.

Like this guard who is pursuing me.

I turned into an alley and came out to an intersection. Without any hesitation, I tuned left and entered the first store I chanced upon. I ran towards the cashier area and hid behind the station. My heart was beating loudly, and I couldn't hear anything else.

I closed my eyes, trying to catch my breath. 

My feet hurt. Damn. I just realized I didn't even brought shoes with me. Just me, my glasses, and I. I ran a hand through my hair. When I opened my eyes, I came face to face with the stone-still shop clerk. 

I watched his cigarette fall, as his mouth opened in surprise.  

Sheepishly, I grinned, putting a finger against my lips to signal his silence. He simply stared, frozen in shock. 

The shop door opened, ringing the bells. I flinched. 

"Pardon me, sir. Have you seen a male patient around his teens coming inside?" I heard the guard ask. The stone-still man looked at me with the same dead fish eyes before looking back at the guard.