Chapter 4: Because I want to

"Hana-nee. I have something to tell you." I said, all serious.

"What is it this time brat? Also, what did you do while I was gone? Mr. Yama was crying to me about he can't take it anymore. And yesterday, what you did was—"

"ARGHH—that's why I'm telling you to listen! And besides, yesterday is yesterday. Today is today. Now, I got big news for you."

Hana-nee rolled her eyes. "Alright. What is it?"

"I'm currently... living in my favorite anime!!" I exclaimed, laughing like a mad man. I expected Hana-nee to gasp in surprise and look at me in envy. But, all I got was an, 'are-you-nuts' look and a painful slap on the back.

"Dear gods, you've lost it! Your brother was right to keep you in here."

"Hey!! I'm not joking! I really am living the dream of all otakus. I got reincarnated in my favorite anime!" I jumped out of bed, too excited to stay in one place. 

"Whatever you say. You must've hit you head too hard yesterday, huh. I'm not even surprised by your madness anymore." 

"Ehhh~ But, I really am serious. Haven't you heard of Haikyuu? The volleyball, sports anime?"

"Haikyuu? Nope. Haven't heard of it." Hana-nee shrugged.

"Whaaaat? And you call yourself an otaku? But then again, it must be because we're currently living inside it that you mob characters don't even know about it." I snickered. I bet she's jealous—

BONK—!

"Oww!!! Why'd you hit me in the head?!" I complained.

"Well, I thought maybe you'd realize then how absurd you sound. Might work on your amnesia too." 

"Eh~ But, don't I seem like an entirely different person? You've been my nurse for a long time, right?" I asked. Hana-nee paused and I sensed hesitation in her actions. 

"... Not really. Actually, it's like you went back to how you used to be when you were younger. So carefree and silly." Hana-nee had a melancholic smile on her lips as she said these words. I couldn't say anything back.

I've been getting this feeling about Koyama Shigeo... he seemed like an okay dude. But, what Tsukishima said yesterday hit me hard. He was bullied

Hana-nee continued to monitor my vitals, all the while ruminating over something. 

"... If you really are reincarnated into your favorite anime, doesn't that spell trouble for you?" Hana-nee finally said after a while. I scoffed at her question.

"That's hardly the case. How can it be trouble? I mean—doesn't this life mean I can do anything I want?"

"That's exactly why. Do you plan to change the plot of your favorite anime by becoming a major jackass who only does everything he wants?"

"Oh. I... haven't thought of that." I muttered to myself. Hana-nee was right. Haikyuu is a perfectly good anime. From the character development, settings, plot, and the ending itself—Haikyuu is perfect.

Although I did want to add the element of 'boy's love' in the fray, I never really considered how it would change the plot if I went around playing cupid. Just thinking about how the plot would change in drastic ways sent shivers down my spine.

"Well, whatever. You can continue with your delusions for as long as you want in the bathroom. Now, go take a bath you stinky brat." She shoved a towel on my face and pushed me to the bathroom. 

I scoffed at her humor, taking the new hospital gown and towel before heading towards my private bathroom. I took a quick shower, ruminating over what Hana-nee said.