Chapter 1: Not Normal

Chapter 1: Not normal

Nothing is normal.

But then again, the idea of relative normalcy was created to diminish discrimination. Therefore, is there really anyone who is not normal? I'll leave the philosophy to you.

(●'◡'●)(〃` 3′〃)(✿◕‿◕✿)

When I woke up, I knew I was on my deathbed. 

But, more than the fear of death, I was more afraid that my I had left my search history uncleared. Ehem. Excuse my obscenity. But, I was really worried that my landlady would stumble upon my secrets. 

That, being my collection of online BL novels that I bought. 

Clear my search history for me.

How badly I wanted to say that to the nurses who were diligently taking care of me. 

I was born with weak lungs. And, ultimately, this led me to my demise. After all, who wouldn't be able to keep themselves from hyperventilating after reading bubunhanten's most recent work, 'Strange Race'.

It's a doujinshi about Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio. 

The plot itself was a work of art. But, to be able to capture the original characters main characteristics and turn it into a heart-racing love story, was genius. I mean, it's not like the relationship of the original characters, Hinata Shoyo and Kageyama Tobio, was lacking  bro-romance. 

Ack—I ended up ranting about my favorite doujinshi author. Anyway, where was I before? Ah...

I knew I was going to die either way. So, I think it should be fine to ask for one last favor before I leave this world. 

But, now that I think about it, I don't think I'd have it in me to delete my entire stock of BL novels and comics. It's basically my whole life. My haven.

Ugh... I coughed, gaining the attention of a few nurses. They looked at me in concern and started to say something. However, all that I heard was the distinct beeping of the ECG machine, and my breath getting shallower by the second.

My eyelids grew heavy. And I knew then...

That was the last time I would open my eyes.

¤¤♡¤¤♡¤¤

What's that noise? I tried to listen better through the buzzing.

Hmm... Sounds like white noise. Like radio static. Is that what heaven's supposed to sound like?

As time passed by, I began to rouse from my state of unconsciousness. I began hearing voices. And, as my awareness sharpened, I could hear that awfully familiar beeping sound of the ECG monitor. What's happening? 

I thought I died—??

Why is there light—okay, what the hell? I felt my eye muscles contract, squinting as bright light passed over my eyes. There was someone calling out to me. I dunno, god maybe?

And when, I opened my eyes, I found myself back at the hospital. Not at the morgue, but at one of those fancy presidential hospital rooms.

Am I... really dead?

I gasped for air, only to realize that I was still hooked to machines. I was breathing. I was... alive. And my throat hurt. 

"Someone get Doctor Cain on the line!" Someone kept yelling. I gained enough wits at the moment to move my gaze, casually swiping over my surroundings in an attempt to figure out what the hell is going on. Nurses swarmed me, checking my vitals and adjusting my IV drippings.