Finally Safe

Narrator

they were finally safe, safe away from Cranks, and away from WICKED. y/n was still asleep when they got to the safe heaven and Thomas decided to let her sleep, she hasn't slept for a while. Newt was also still asleep, Minho, Thomas, Gally, Teresa and Brenda were sitting around and talking, after talking to Gally a little, Thomas actually thought he was kind of.......nice. Thomas forgave him for killing Chuck cause he knew it wasn't his fault, he was stung.

y/n opens her eyes and looks around to see she was in some kind of hut, her eyes felt so heavy, so she closed them again then it hit her, she was on a bed with a blanket, with new close AND she was in a hut. 'where am I' she thought to herself, she didn't remeber anything that happen. she quickly gets up and as soon as she did she felt a burning pain on her stomach, she lifted her shirt up and saw a white bandage on it with a red stain in the middle then she remembered what happened. they rescued Minho, Newt had the flare, Jenson shot her then Thomas killed him. "Thomas" she say's 'Thomas where is he' she thought to herself, she stood up but when she put pressure on her right foot she felt pain, her shot was on the rights side if her stomach, so she limped to the door, well curtain and opened it.

she stepped out and breathed in the fresh air, she saw people, LOT'S of people walking, talking, eating and laughing, she walked a little further and saw the ocean and more people. Thomas noticed her and immediately stood up and walked towards her, she noticed him and limped faster, even though her wound was hurting like hell "Thomas" she says hugging him tightly, she was so happy that she started crying, he started crying too, Thomas thought he would never be able to see her smile, her beautiful y/e/c eyes, he thought he lost her. They pull away and he cups her cheek pulling her into a passionate kiss and she wraps her arms around his neck.

They pull away and she notices Minho and he walks towards her and she hugs him, tightly. After 7 months she had her best friend back. she pulls away from the hug and looks at everyone, they were happy, they were finally.....safe. this time they really were safe. she looks at Teresa who was behind Minho and she smiles at y/n, y/n wasn't mad at her anymore, she did what she did and she saved y/n, if it wasn't for her, I guess Jenson would've taken all her blood. y/n smiles back at her then at Gally. after she hugged all her friends she noticed someone was missing. Newt.

"wait, where is Newt" she asks no one in particular, "he's over there sleeping" Thomas say's pointing towards the hut beside the one she was in "oh, but he's okay right" she asks "yea, it worked" Teresa replies and y/n sighs in relief that Newt was okay. "you hungry" Thomas asks her "I'm always hungry" she say's and Thomas takes her to the table with Brenda, Minho, Teresa, and Gally, they all talked and ate some food. (Idk you decide what food people are eating).

"wow, you shanks are bloody eating without me" they hear a British accent behind them "Newt" Thomas say's getting up and hugging him. Newt was Thomas's best friend, he was the only person that was nice to him back in the glade other then y/n and Chuck. y/n gets up and limps towards Newt and Thomas pulls away from the hug letting y/n hug him then Minho.

time skips, and its Night

y/n sat down on the sand in front of the water, just enjoying the sound of the wave's but then something started poking her from her pocket. she reached fir it and realised it was the necklace Newt gave her, she put it on and held the circular shape thing in the middle and squeezed it. the object opened and y/n looked to see what was in it there was a........letter? she opened it and began reading 

Dear Y/N,

this is the first letter I could remember writing. Obviously, I don't know if I wrote any before the Maze. But even if it's not my first, it's likely to be my last. I want you to know that I'm not scared. Well, not of dying, anyway. It's more forgetting. It's losing myself to this virus, that's what scares me. So every night, I've been saying their names out loud. Alby. Winston. Chuck. And I just repeat them over and over like a prayer,  And it all comes flooding back. Just the little things like where the sun used to hit the Glade at that perfect moment . And I remember the taste of Frypan's stew. I never thought I'd miss that stuff so much. And I remember the first time I met you. when I came up that box I never knew I'd make any friends there until I saw you, you became my my best friend, I remember the first time you showing me the beautiful sunset in the glade and when you told me about your powers when we were sitting on the tower, I always thought you were unique and special. From the moment you killed the Griever, I knew I would follow you anywhere. And I have. We all have. If I could do it all over again, I would. And I wouldn't change a thing. The future is in your hands now, y/n/n. I know you'll find a way to do what's right. You always have. Take care of everyone for me. And take care of yourself. You deserve to be happy. Thank you for being my best friend. Goodbye, y/n. 

Newt.

she sat there in tears, 'that was so sweet' she thought to herself she took the letter and put it back in the little thingy on her necklace. she did it, she did what Alby told her to do, get everyone out of the maze, then she did what Winston told her to do, Keep them safe, and Chuck,  she just wishes that they were he was here in the safe heaven, she wishes they were all here. she gets up and brushes herself off before walking to her and Thomas's shared hut.  she lifts the blanket before getting on the bed and snuggling up next to him.

THE END