ten

The next time I woke up, it was broad daylight. I stretched my body, cracking all the bones in the process. I looked at the clock to see it was 11 am.

Had I really slept in that late?

Instead of getting up, I just laid back in bed and cuddled with the comforter. The only thing on my mind was Asfandyars behavior last night. It bothered me. A lot.

It felt as if every time we took a step forward, we took 2 backwards.

Last night, after Asfandyar left, I remember I just sitting there in silence, thinking over what he had said in disbelief. I had gotten used to his deep, yet soft voice but last night he didn't use that voice that was reserved for me. And I hated it.

After spending half an hour, just drowning in my thoughts, I decided to go to the bathroom and start my morning routine.

Afterwards, I headed outside and started making myself breakfast. I decided to make some iced coffee and with it a cheese omelette stuffed with onions, bell peppers, and jalapeños with a side of toast.

When I finished making the omelette I toasted 2 slices of bread and started eating.

In the middle of eating, I heard my name being called out, I looked behind me to see Maryam standing there, with Arsalan and Aabrish standing right next to her, both with bags in their hands.

I smiled at them before we exchanged our greetings. "What's up with all the bags?"

"Oh, Ali and I were actually going on a little road trip ourselves, so Asfandyar suggested they could stay with you." She said and I looked at her in confusion. "I'm sure Asfandyar told you?" Taunt. She was taunting me. It was clear she was by that glint in her eyes.

"Yes, he did, sorry it slipped out my mind." I quickly covered up. She nodded as that glint in her eyes faded away. "Come, I'll show you to your rooms and you guys can freshen up," I said to the twins, and led them to the extra guest rooms in our wing.

They were silent the whole time, and only spoke when muttering a thank you. While they were freshening up, I went back to the kitchen to finish my breakfast. I noticed their mother was no longer here so I figured she had left.

All the while, I kept wondering why Asfandyar hadn't told me his half siblings would be staying over. I was surprised that they were coming to stay over as well.

After I finished up, I started washing the dishes when the twins came out. They just stood there awkwardly, like me.

"Umm, well what do you guys want to do?" I questioned. They just shrugged and continued to stand there.

I cleared my throat and suggested we should just watch a movie. They just silently nodded their heads and walked towards the couch.

In a way, they reminded me of myself when I was around their age. They looked so lost and confused, it made my heart clench. I always wished someone would be there for me when I was younger and I am sure they feel the same way. So I decided then and there that I would be the person they could trust and confide in. I would always be there for them and treat them like my own siblings. Well technically they are my siblings in law.

We decided to watch Avengers: Infinity War. They had seen the previous movies but hadn't gotten the opportunity to see the last two. In the middle of the movie, I looked over at them to see them sitting so stiffly and with a guarded expression on their faces.

"Would you guys like some hot chocolate?" I asked softly. Aabrish looked at her brother, who gave her a nod, before looking back at me and nodding her head vigorously. I let out a small laugh at her excitement, before heading towards the kitchen and warming the milk on the stove. Once it started boiling, I added the chocolate chips in and waited for them to melt.

I looked behind the counter to see that Asfandyar was now sitting on the couch with the twins.

"When did he get here?" I mentally questioned my self. As if feeling my gaze on him, he turned his eyes towards me and stared into them with a blank look. I gulped before looking away from him and focusing on the hot chocolate. However, I could still feel his heated gaze on my back.

Once the chocolate was completely melted, I poured it into three large mugs and topped it with marshmallows and added a small peppermint stick to the side, similar to last night.

I carried out the 3 mugs to the living room on a tray and held it in front of the twins. They both took a mug before I turned around and walked towards Asfandyar. My eyes were lowered the whole time as I couldn't bare to look him in the eyes. Not after last night at least.

I watched his rough hands grab the mug before I dashed out of the living room. I placed the tray into the sink and walked towards our room, not before closing the door behind me.

I let out a sigh as I fell back on to the bed. My tense shoulders relaxed immediately making me let out a small moan.

Just as I did so I felt a presence on top of me, making me open my eyes.

My husband leaned over me, both his arms caging me in. His eyes were as dark and the midnight sky and emotionless. His eyes drank in every feature of my face as my heartbeat quickened. He slowly started leaning towards my neck as I gulped. I closed my eyes in fear before I pushed him behind with all my might.

He stumbled back but caught onto the couch placed not so far from our bed, surprise evident all over his face. Before anything else could happen, I ran out the room, my heart still thudding in my chest.