eleven

Dinner was awkward. Very awkward. I watched as the twins just played around with their food where as Asfandyar sat there with a frown on his face.

I honestly had no might whatsoever to face Asfandyar. Especially after what had happened late last night.

I let out a sigh before looking up, to see Aabrish looking right into my eyes. As soon as our gazes met, she blushed bright pink and looked away. I smiled. She was adorable and extremely shy. In a way, she reminded me of myself. Except she had someone to protect her. Someone there for her. Something I never had.

"Aap dono ko kuch aur chahiye?" I asked the twins. They shook their heads at my question and continued playing with their food.

(Do the both of you want anything else)

"Arsalan, kal tum meray sath kam per jao gay." Asfandyar muttered. Arsalan nodded his face blank however I could see fear Aabrish's eyes.

(Tomorrow you will come along with me to work)

"B-bhai? Does...does Arsal have to go?" Aabrish whispered. I had quickly understood that Aabrish called Arsalan Arsal, which no one else did.

"It isn't up for discussion, Aabrish. And don't ever question what I say." Asfandyar seethed in his seat. I honestly never thought that he would talk to his little sister like that but than again, everything he does is out of anger.

"Don't talk to her like that." For the first time during the whole dinner, Arsalan looked up to look into his elder brothers eyes, who held his stare. Neither of the two broke the stare, both daring the other to submit.

I quickly cleared my throat and their gazes snapped to mine. I looked away from the both of them and towards Aabrish. "How about, tomorrow you, me and Maya do something. Would you like that?" I sweetly asked Aabrish, who was close to tears in her chair. She nodded her head before standing up.

"I-uh have to go to the b-bathroom." She whimpered and practically rushed out the dining room. Arsalan followed right after, not before throwing a nasty glare at his elder brother.

I too got up and started picking up the dishes. As I put them into the sink, I felt a presence behind me. It was Asfandyar that I knew. "As soon as your done, come to the bedroom." He whispered. I nodded my head at his request before he walked away and I released a breath.

It was very weird. I'm sure no wife was supposed to hold her breath when her husband was near out of fear. But then again, my husband was one of the scariest people I had ever met.

Before heading to our room, I went to the guest room to check up on the twins. One of the guest rooms had two beds which was perfect for the twins as I thought they would like to be near one another.

I knocked on the door before heading in. They both looked up at me, Arsalans eyebrows raised. "Are the both of you comfortable?"

"Jee, bhabi." Aabrish replied. I smiled before heading out and closing the door behind. To be honest, I was just wasting time as I didn't want to face Asfandyar.

(Yes; sister in law)

I opened the door slowly, only to find our room empty. Frowning in confusion I looked in the direction of the bathroom to find that also empty. Maybe he had an emergency to attend?

I changed into my sleepwear before heading towards the bed, trying to sleep.

••• •••• •••

"This!" Exclaimed Maya loudly in the store. "This is the one, Aabrish!" She hurriedly ran towards Aabrish and handed her the light pink kurta. "Jao, jaldi say try on karo," she rushed Aabrish towards the fitting room and I just shook my head at her.