eight

••• •••• •••

••• •••• •••

A S F A N D Y A R

Beautiful.

She looked absolutely beautiful tonight.

The way she rambled on in front of me, nervousness lacing her words, made me feel giddy.

She made me feel things I had never felt before.

Things I didn't want to feel until now.

"You're too cute."

The words slipped out my mouth before I had even realized. I watched as a blush coated her already pink cheeks. My lips twitched before I grabbed her by her shoulder and pulled her into me. Her head rested on my shoulder and her arm came to wrap around my bicep.

From the corner of my eye, I saw everyone look at us, but I just ignored them and rubbed circles on Ayla's shoulder, hoping to relax her.

She hadn't noticed but her whole body was tense. This was her first party as a Mafia queen, so it was suspected.

My thoughts trailed over to last night, when she took a drag of my cigarette. I didn't actually think she'd had the guts to do it, but once again, she proved me wrong. It took everything in me to not flip her over and bang her till the morning sun came out of hiding.

The littlest things she'd do would make me painfully hard.

A little vixen she was.

When we arrived, I placed my hand on her waist and guided her inside. I didn't bother looking around and headed straight towards where my father and his other wife were. After greeting them, I went around and introduced my wife to those who weren't able to come to our reception, which majority of them weren't.

A lot of more people were here at the party then at the reception.

I could tell Ayla was tired of all the walking and greeting different people.

When is she not tired, though?

Meeting up with Lorenzo was quite important for me. We had been allies for quite a while now, and helped each other other out with a common enemy, the Serpents.

The Serpents really weren't a region based mafia, it was quite the opposite. They hired people from all over the world, no matter their race, religion or even ethnicity.

And they were growing stronger by each day.

They had been messing up a lot of our trades and killing and kidnapping my men.

I talked with a few more people but I could see the exhaustion on Ayla's face, so I asked her for a dance.

I honestly couldn't remember the last time I had danced with anyone. I had no interest in a lot of these things. But Ayla was my wife and I had to publicly show it as well. I wrapped my hand around her tiny waist and danced along the melody of the slow song playing.