ONE

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

It smelled like... a stroll through the woods, or as if you were laying on a beach, ocean spray fanning your face. But his hair was much different, it was coconut, with the slightest hint of vanilla. And his breath, oh god his breath. It was spearmint, reminiscent of his favorite mints, but when his tongue met mine, it tasted of nothing but sweet, as though he'd just bitten into the richest of natural berries. Intoxicating yet somehow indescribably mellow. His scent was so calm, so gentle, but he himself was the opposite- hardheaded, strong-willed, impulsive, and, most importantly, passionate.

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

The room behind the door seemed bright as it swung open, revealing an equally as inviting and sweet girl in its wake. I took note of her, the smooth and kept up locks that were tucked into a low ponytail. She stepped to the side as a smile formed on her kind face, as if she was inviting me in without saying a word, though her demeanor was ruined just seconds later.

"Sasha! She's here!" The blondie shouted, which I didn't expect was possible from such a small and sweet girl. The noise was followed by a girl, who I presumed was Sasha, flinging herself off the top bunk and lugging her body to the door where I stood. Her eyes were thinned, and she squinted at the bright outside light. "Sorry about her! She was out late last night.." The tiny one, who's name I learned earlier from the check-in desk was Krista, tried to laugh off.

I took only a single step inside, trying to seem hospital, while also being curious about the room that I would soon call home. The walls were the stereotypical bleak white, though I could tell the girls tried their best to compensate- with pictures of family, and posters of their favorite bands, accompanied by their desks, both of which were littered with perfectly organized and yet aesthetically pleasing stationary.

"Hi-ya, haha, I-I'm Sasha. Nice to meet you~" she sang, waving to me and taking a curt bow, completely disregarding the locks of reddish-brown that sprawled across her face when she did so. "Hey look! Communal bathrooms are down the hall, if you're going to take a shit, please for the love of god turn the vent on first~ it stinks up the whole hall if you don't." she pouted, lazily leaning on the doorway, and I couldn't help but laugh at how forward she was.

"God you're a mess..." the blonde sighed. "Anyways! Come on in, you'll be bunking with Sasha, and your desk is over there on the left!" she guided me inward, motioning to the bunk bed I'd just seen the brown headed girl fall off of minutes prior.

I gave the girls a meek smile. "Thanks.."

Happily, I  set my stuff down, eager to relieve my shoulders of the backpack that had nearly all my essential belongings in it. Their room was decorated quite cozily, with a mini fridge and microwave tucked in the corner, and fairy lights lining the walls over Krista's bed. The two girls seemed so nice, and I was glad I didn't get paired up with people who were snotty, or crazy rude. Second semester classes start tomorrow, so wasting no time, I began searching through the other two bags I'd brought along, trying my best to locate my bedsheets.

I would've brought a different mattress if given the chance, but since I'd moved from so far, I would have to deal with the uncomfortable, plastic mattress the school provided me with. As I began to stretch and pull the floral fabric over the ever so crinkling mattress, a question that I told myself to ask once I'd gotten here came to mind.