TEN

8,135 words :)

please enjoy <3

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

Kindergarten

All of the other kids laugh and play whilst I stand alone. They talk and laugh with each other, but never seem to notice me.. I'm confused? Why am I left out? Even when I try to play with them, join their games, it's as if I'm invisible, like I don't matter. Those three children always stick together, why couldn't I have friends like they did? Do they not want to be my friend?

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

3rd grade

Every day is the same. I walked into the classroom, headed straight for my seat in the back of the class. I speak to no one, unless spoken to, and none of my classmates deem me important enough to speak to, and so I never speak. I watch idly as friendships around me bloom. There are 3 children who are particularly close, whose bond was closer than any others. One brunette boy, one blonde, and a black-haired girl. You can tell from afar that their friendship is something special, something I'd never have. So, I stay in the background, never being noticed or seen.

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

5th grade

Middle school changed lots of things for lots of other people, but not me. Everyday life remained the same. I wake up, go to school, sit in the back, remain unnoticed, go home, repeat. While I was invisible, I watched everyone around me thrive. That little trio was akin to three peas in a pod, nothing could separate them. While there was another friendship of three in the class, that of one blond girl, two boys, one brunette one blond, it failed in comparison to the bond that the original trio had.

Like any other day, I head home. But today is different, there's a car outside the house. A police car. I reluctantly head inside, only to find the strong man clad with vests and weapons in the kitchen, talking to my older brother and my father. No one looks my way, nor acknowledges that I arrived home. So, I simply head to my room, and when the yelling and screaming starts, I bury my head in my pillow to drown it out like usual.

°•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•° ... °•ɷ•°

6th grade

I can't sleep most nights. The nightmares that have been plaguing me recently are paralyzing, making me fear going to bed. So, I travel to the kitchen, hoping to make a glass of warm milk to soothe me. Reaching into the cupboard, I grab a glass, fill it with milk from the fridge, and watch carefully as I wait for the microwave count to end.

But, before the countdown is done, I hear a different sound. It's almost like, someone trying to unlock the front door? I freeze, seeing the door slowly creak open, only to reveal... my brother. He stumbles inside, straightening out when he notices I've seen him. Taking long, sloppy strides towards me, he finally bends down to meet my height, his eyes laced with annoyance.

"Listen you little brat," an accusatory finger is pointed at me, a mere inch away from my face. "if you say anything to mom or dad you're dead."

"You're not supposed to be out this late.." I began, but my blood ran cold. A hand gripped so tightly around my neck I couldn't take a single breath. I looked at my older brother, fear and confusion, sadness and disgust.