Taking care of Will Byers

In this story they're about the same age as they were in season 2. It's a couple months after the snowball. El and Mike broke up because of Hopper but they're still good friends. Hope you enjoy!

"Sorry, Mike. My mom said I can't go tonight. My throat is sore, I've been puking all day and my nose is running like crazy." Will said over the super com. The party had planned to go to the arcade this afternoon but Will wasn't feeling good. His mom told him he had to stay home before she went off to work.

"Okay so..." Mike paused trying to think of something. "I'll just come to your house!" He said. "Mike I said I'm sick. I don't want you getting sick either." Will argued. "Yes, yes I know but I don't care. C'mon Will, I can take care of you! Help you feel better! Please?" Mike begged. "Mike I already said I don't want you getting sick." Will said.

"Wiiilll." Mike sighed. "Miiikeee." Will mimicked him. "I don't care I'm coming over. See you in a few!" Mike said. "Mike I sai-" Will tried before he was cut off. Mike had turned off the super com. Will sighed and laid down on his bed. He stayed like that for a little while before deciding to get up and fix his appearance.

Starting off with his hair. It was a mess from laying in bed all day. He didn't want to look like this when Mike showed up. He tried moving a few hairs but it was no use. He groaned and gave up, sitting on his bed once more. Then he heard knocking. Will got up and trudged to the door. He was almost there before it swung open. It was Mike.

"Mike I was going to get it." Will said rubbing his eyes. "Yeah I know but you were taking too long." Mike said closing the door. "I am sick you know?" Will said. "Yeah I know. That's why I brought these!" Mike exclaimed pulling something out of his bag. There were some of Will's favorite snacks and drinks, a teddy bear and 3 comics.

"Wow, Mike. All this for me?" Will asked. "Well yeah anything for my best friend." Mike said smiling. "How did you get all this?" Will asked in awe. "I used my arcade money and stopped at the store on my way here!" Mike beamed. Will looked like he wanted to cry. "You shouldn't have bought all this for me." He said. "Who's says it's all for you?" Mike joked, opening a bag of chips and popping one into his mouth.

"Oh whatever, give me some." Will said reaching into the bag. "C'mon let's go to your room." Mike said and started to walk down the hall. "Where's Jonathan?" He asked. "Probably with your sister." Will sighed. They reached Will's room and Mike sat down on the bed. Will followed him in and shut the door behind him.

"Sorry my hairs a mess." Will apologized. "It's fine. You look cute with messy hair." Mike said without even thinking. Will directed his gaze to the ground. His eyes went wide and he held in a gasp. Soon a small, short giggle escaped his lips. "What's so funny?" Mike asked half laughing. Mike didn't mean to call Will cute. That was something he decided to keep to himself. However, it just slipped.

"Nothing. Do you wanna read a comic?" Will asked. "Yeah sure you can pick one out of the few I brought if you want. I'm gonna head to the bathroom." Mike said standing up and heading out the door. Will reached over to grab the 3 comics Mike had brought. X-men 134 he read. This was the comic Dustin was going to give him until... you know. Suddenly, Mike walked through the door.

"X-men 134 huh?" He said sitting next to Will on the bed. "Uhh, yeah." Will nodded. Mike didn't know that this reminded Will of that night but, Will didn't say anything. Instead, he opened the book and flipped to the first page. They started reading the comic, pointing out the funny parts and making side comments. Mike was leaning over Will's shoulder to get a better look at the pictures, which apparently Will wasn't aware of because what he did next, he would never forget.

"Oh my gosh, this my favorite part!" Mike squealed. "Yeah me t-" Will said as he turned to face Mike. Once he looked up he was met with Mike's eyes. They're faces were only centimeters apart. Will hadn't realized how close Mike was. Mike didn't know Will was going to turn around. He could feel Will's breath against his face, his breathing was heavy.

Both of their faces went a bright shade of red. Why don't you just move? Mike thought. Why aren't you looking away? Will thought. Neither of them knew why but they couldn't pull away. They were both so nervous and in the heat of the moment they found themselves leaning in.

What is happening? Am I really doing this? Am I really about to kiss Mike Wheeler? Will thought. As if on cue, Mike closed his eyes, leaning in some more. Will took this as a hint and closed his eyes as well until the air between them was secured. It was a short, simple kiss. Neither of them really knew what they were doing but it felt nice.

Will pulled away first, completely shocked about what just happened. Mike shook his head and looked down. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He said. "What? No, no it's fine." Will replied. "So you liked it?" Mike asked, still looking at the ground.

"I-I um. Well, I uhh," Will bit his lip. He finally gained the confidence to just spit it out. "Yeah, yeah I did." He said placing his hands on the bed beside him. Mike looked up at him and smiled. "I did too." He said. They smiled at each other.

~time skip to later that night~

They were cuddled up on the couch watching T.V. Will's head was pressed against Mike's chest. Mike's arms wrapped around Will's torso. Suddenly, Will sat up. "Wait, I'm sick. What if I got you sick too? Oh god. My mom's going to kill me!" Will said, freaking out. "Will calm down I'll be fine." Mike said pulling Will into a hug.

"I could still get you sick you know." Will said while in the hug. "See if I care, Byers." Mike said smiling. They went back to cuddling and watching the television. They soon dozed off.

A few hours passed by. It was almost 10 o'clock. "Will! Honey I'm home!" Joyce called walking through the front door. She placed her stuff on the table and looked over to see the two boys snuggled up together on the couch. I told him to stay away from people. She thought.

She shrugged it off and reached for a blanket on the other end of the couch. She quietly placed it over the two boys and flicked the light off, heading to her room.

I hope you enjoyed this one! Remember I am always open to ideas! Thank you :)