Long time, no see

I haven't posted in FOREVER. And I don't really have anything to say just that this is about Mike being vecna'd. This starts off at the end of s4 where they're all standing in the field.

They had worked their asses off. The past few years spent risking their lives to save Hawkins. People died. They lost everything and they'll never get their childhood back. So why did it feel like it all was for nothing? How is the world still going to shit after they sacrificed everything?

As Mike stood in that field with the decaying flowers all he could think about was that night he was out in the woods, looking for his best friend. The very best friend standing next to him. If he could even say that anymore. They talked it out in Will's room and in the pizza van but did that really fix things between them? And how had Mike let it get that bad? How could Will let it get that bad?

He only snapped out of it once the sky started to turn black. It's dark color began to consume the blue sky and Mike felt the familiar feeling in his gut once again. The feeling he'd get right before things would take a turn for the worse.

He turned his gaze away from the sky to Will only to find he wasn't there. In fact, nobody was. A bright flash of red sparked in the dark sky. It was like lightning on a rainy day. It snapped in Mike's head. His visions. Will's visions.

Was he getting them too? Why was he getting them? It was all too much and there was not enough time to process. The ground beneath him started to shake. Not enough to knock him over, just enough for a course of panic to strike through his body. The feeling inside of him grew stronger and he felt as if he could throw up.

As the world around him turned black and red, Mike knew exactly where the evil was sprouting from. He heard a noise from the gigantic whole in front of him. Then he saw the vines coming out, almost slithering towards him. It was haunting. They looked exactly as Will had described them. Mike could only feel a sense of guilt when he was reminded of what happened to his friend. It didn't last long as he realized the vines were getting closer.

In almost an instant one was wrapping around his foot. Mike never being much of an athlete, stumbled back and landed on the ground. As his head made contact with the ground he felt another vine wrap around his remaining leg. Then his arm. Then his other arm until his vision went black.

***

Will had enough of whatever was going on right now. He couldn't just stand there. He put a hand on Mike's shoulder. "Okay Mike, c'mon let's go." Will began to walk away until he realized Mike didn't even budge.

"Mike?" Will turned his head to get a better angle of his face. Jesus. His eyes had rolled to the back of his head. He was frozen. Will grabbed on to both of Mike's shoulders. He remembered back with the shadow monster. That's exactly what his mom was doing when he woke up from his trance. Maybe it could work now.

"Mike. Wake up." Will said sternly. A few feet away Nancy's head jerked towards the two boys. Shit. She walked swiftly to her brother.

"Will what's going on?" She asked, even though the feeling in her stomach told her exactly what it was already. "I- I don't know. I looked over and he just wasn't moving. I used to get like this. Like trances? Is it happening to him too?"

"No. No this is something different. There's so much to explain and not enough time. I thought this was over. I need Dustin, or Steve or Erica or god even Robin. None of you know what happened here."

She looked around nervously. Jonathan was already walking over. "Jonathan," she said taking her keys out of her jean pockets. "Go get the walkie out of my car. See if you can get a hold of Dustin or Steve. Anybody."