visitor

I think this oneshot will surprise you. Also there is a short use of a slur in here so read at your own risk.

His car rolled down the long, beat up driveway. He came to a stop in front of the house and stepped out to see a kid sitting on the porch. The boy was looking down, playing with his fingers. "Hey kid, Joyce home?" The boy on the porch looked up. "Lonnie?" He asked and stood up.

"Yeah. Do I know you?" The man asked. "We'll sort of. I'm Mike, Will's friend?" Mike said, seeing if Lonnie remembered. He walked up to the porch. "Oh I remember that name. Can't believe Joyce ever let you two be so close. Always had a crush on each other like a couple little f@gs." Lonnie sneered, walking up to knock on the door.

"What? No. It was never like that, at all. And Joyce isn't home." Lonnie turned and Mike could tell what he was going to ask next . "None of them are." He said, answering the question before it was even asked. He gave Mike a look.

"You didn't know?" Mike asked. Lonnie gave a quick sigh. "Does it look like I know, boy? Quit playing with me and tell me why you're sitting on their damn porch but none of them are home." He said and Mike began to sit back down again.

"They moved." Mike answered. Lonnie walked down the steps and stood in front of Mike, who looked up at Lonnie. "What do you mean? When?" He asked. "They moved to California. Over the summer." Mike said squinting in the sun. It was still nice outside but fall was on its way and there was definitely a chilly breeze.

He remembered standing on this very porch helping the Byers move their stuff just only 2 months ago. He remembered his talk with Will and El. Not to make it a whole big deal but he realized he liked Will that day and when he kissed El it didn't feel the same. He hated himself for feeling what he did, especially for a boy. And what Lonnie had said earlier didn't make things any better.

Lonnie grabbed his keys out of his pocket after hearing the news. He began hastily making his way towards his car, mumbling things like "piece of shit family" and "they never keep in contact." Mike thought it was pretty ironic, considering Lonnie was the one who never cared to call.

After the car pulled out of the driveway and started down the road, Mike got up from the porch and began walking. He stopped to look back at the house once again. He felt it wasn't fair. This was supposed to be the time of our lives. We were supposed to get in trouble, sneak out, make friends, get jobs, start dating, meet new people, go to the mall everyday, fantasize over pretty girls in catalogues.

He continued walking down the driveway. None of that happened. All of it was ripped away from us. We never got the chance to be normal teenagers. I can't help but think that if Will never fell off his bike that night, and we never met Eleven, or kept having to fight off monsters from the upside down, that maybe I would've told him how I felt sooner.

Maybe we could've been something sooner.

I honestly had no idea where I was going with this. I just had an idea and started writing plus I wanted to post for you guys. Idk if anybody will like it but yeah it here! Thanks for all the support, love you guys