Prologue

Warning! - This chapter has scenes which some readers might find Upsetting!

The dark, bitter wintery winds blew heavily against the crumbling, decaying bricks, the harsh wind and rain wobbled the creaky single glazed windows open which where meant to protect the young orphans from the cold but didn't, inside a rectangular rooms with yellow plaster which was cracking and crumbling away, the single light bulb which hung loosely from the ceiling, swinging like a yo-yo, the supposingly safe, the poor young orphans shivered, teeth clattered together as the rough, brown, worn out blankets and the damp, horrid smelling sleeping bags, did nothing to block out the cold, no matter how much they huddled into it, especially since they were lying on a cold, damp hard concrete, greying floor.

"Hitakshi?" a young boy, who must have been around six years old whispered to a young girl who lyed next to him, he had short, scruffy brown eyes, piercing blue eyes, his built was quite skinny as he hadn't eaten much in days, even his stomach would rumble for food, green knitted jumper with holes in and navy blue jeans with was ridden with dirt covered the young boys body, his dirt ridden feet where bare and nipped due to the cold, he then decided to reach his hand out to here to gently shake her "Hitakshi are you awake?" the once again whispered, worried as she hadn't replied the first time.

However his worries seemed to melt away she turned her body towards him, her long black hair splayed across her face, crimson red eyes shined back at him, melting his heart instantly, her eyes seemed to light a fire within his soul, he didn't quite understand why but he loved the feeling, she was shivering as she wore a pink vest which was covered in mud and blood stains, her long black skirt was scuffed and frayed, however she wore black socks which had holes where the big toe should be, given to her by a young boy who she is staring at.

"Seto" she manages to whisper through clattering teeth, both parties could see their breaths mingle into each other, both of them shuffle closer to each other as they start to talk to each other "what is the matter?" the young girl quietly questions the young boy, she could see the worry in his gorgeous blue eyes, silent tears fell from his face "there going to take my baby brother away from me, a old man with graying hair, said to Mrs Ironheart he is going to adopt him" even though she felt numb due to the coldness she manages to shuffle to enclose the space between them, pulling her arms out of the sleeping bag, wrapping her arms around him, pulling him into her shoulder, as he wrapped his arms around her, quietly sobbing on Hitakshi's shoulder.

After a while the sobs manage to stop but tears still falls down his face, that's when she cupped Setos face with her cold hands, using her thumbs to wipe his tears away "Seto, you and Moki will leave together, you will lead an fulfilling life and you will find your happiness" she said with a determination to cheer him up, but he seemed in denial "but how can you be so sure?" he said questioning her motive but she silenced those denials with a simple touch of her lips on his, her warm lips heated up his whole body, but he instantly felt cold again as she pulled away, he didn't quite understand what she did but he knew he wanted her to do it again, before anything could be said a door slammed open, both of them swiftly moved back into the position they where once in as Mrs Iron heart did her regular checks to see if the pathetic orphans were asleep, she thought she heard some noise, Seto and Hitakshi both pretended to be asleep.