Chapter 6 Growing up

An old mansion somewhere in Japan at 11.22 o'clock

Shun was still in bed.
The clones "played" with him until around 4 am and just woke up, then they left the room.
Strangely, he didn't feel any pain after yesterday's fight.
When he removed the plaster from his cheek, the scratches were gone.
He decided that such a small wound was indeed gone. It may have healed, but when Kurumi examined it carefully after breakfast, it turned out that the internal injuries he suffered from his technique yesterday are gone too.

Kurumi: You know, it's the first time when I've seen such a quick recovery. Even in spirit case.

Shun: I'm surprised too.

Kurumi: We'll check it later. By the way, how was your night?

The girl said it in a slightly chuckling tone.

Shun: Pretty nice. By the way, the clones are just like you physically.

The Dictator has already met his sister's games. At the same time, he learned how to create clever retorts. Most often, they were so accurate to the point that the Zaphkiel's user quickly ended the conversation.
Also in this case, the red-eyed girl blushed and did not want to pursue the topic.

Shun: After that, you owe me some information.

Kurumi: So what do you want to hear?

Shun: It's best to say everything from beginning.

Kurumi began to tell the story of how she became a spirit, met the first, Phantom, hunted her species, oath to kill the first spirit, and after many hours she came to the present.

Shun: It's ... a really... really... long story. More importantly, if you go back in time and prevent the events from 25 years ago, you will return to your family, most likely me, and the slaughterhouse caused by spatial quakes will never happen. Got it right?

Kurumi: Roughly right, unfortunately I can't tell if you are pure spirit or not and will you be happy when you will return with to your family. Nevertheless, it is very unlikely that you were not previously human, but if you were, your existence and memory of him will be erased. I will not seek revenge on you if you leave me now.

It was a difficult decision.
On the one hand, the boy could save millions of lives, and on the other hand, he could erase himself from world history.
He finally made his decision after five minutes of silence.

Shun: I... will help you. I don't care about my life. If I weren't meet you  it would be empty anyway. If helping you means that at least you will go back to loving parents, then I will help you. Even for the highest price.

Kurumi was shocked by his words.
She knew her foster brother liked her, but she would never have expected anything like this.
The Nightmare got up from her chair, walked over to the Dictator, and hugged him with all her might.

Kurumi: Thank you Shun, thank you brother.

He returned her embrace and said, "I owe you this, you spared my life and gave it a meaning, so it's yours."

Kurumi: No, this life is yours. You must not underestimate him. Do you understand?

Shun: Yes.

When the couple finished their embrace, a few more issues remained.

Shun: What have you done with that crystal?

The girl summoned her copy, which disappeared after handing over the black object.

Shun: What are we going to do with it?

Kurumi: I would destroy it, and you?

Shun: Let's leave it. If the first spirit is as strong as you say, we may need extra support.