Chapter 30 Threat on the horizon

(Author's note: I wish you a nice reading.)

Ellen: All of them... She beat all of them.

Westcott steered Mathers' wheelchair into the corridor so that she, too, could see the fight going on above them.
Violet-eyed woman saw the Banderstachs hanging in the air and the corpses of monsters falling into the street.
Above all, among the clouds towered a girl with blonde hair tied in a half-braid much lighter than Adeptus 1's pale curls. Girl's eyes were blue like the sky around her.
It was noticeable that she had recently come of age, but her body was already blooming.
Looking at her, no one could find any word other than beautiful. This beauty could paralyze and steal many hearts.
She was wearing a realizer that had no special functions like Chastiefol.
Even so, not even a drop of blood stained her body.
With her blade gripped in her right hand, she cut all the beasts to pieces.
She passed all kinds of missiles, or accepted them into her practically intact territory.
Earlier, she went deeper into the building, where she stabbed into the backs of monsters, wreaking chaos in their ranks and defeating them thanks to the support of DEM mages.
Every enemy was on the ground with bodies giving off black gas.
The more it were running out, the more human the beasts became.

Isaac: So this is Artemisia Bell Aschroft. The one everybody call the most powerful sorceress of the United Kingdom and probably the strongest human of her generation.

Ellen: Heard about her being incredibly talented... But this level. It is enough for her to join us and with a realizer such as Pendragon* she could be equal to me.

* Pendragon - Unique realizer model used by Ellen.

Isaac: (In her head) "You have much more years of experience and she is already practically as strong as you."

Artemisia: People...

The girl looked at the body transforming on the street.

Artemisia: So poor...

Blue-eyed lowered her flight and landed right in front of Isaac and Ellen.
She was serious, but her face was adorned with a smile. Not the mental grin of the Tokisakis, nor the dark joy typical of Westcott. It was a plain, happy smile.
There was a calmness so clear from her that they both immediately lost most of the anxiety that had plagued them from the last hours.

Artemisia: Are you all right?

There was concern in her voice, and its sound was like honey to the ears.

Isaac: We're okay thanks to your intervention. You're Artemisia Bell Aschroft from SSS, right?

Artemisia: Artemisia is enough, but that's not entirely true.

The sorceress scratched her cheek with her finger in embarrassment.

Isaac: You're not from the SSS? So DEM will welcome you with open arms.

Artemisia: No, no. I am a member of the SSS, but the fact that we defeated these monsters is not only my merit. Your wizards deserve praise and... many have given their lives.

Aschroft felt a bit sad as she spoke the last words, which was not lost on Westcott, who put his hand on her shoulder.

Isaac: They died for a good cause. Imagine what would happen if these monsters entered the shelters.

Artemisia shuddered at the mere thought of such a development, but calmed down fairly quickly.

Artemisia: You're right, Mr... em... Mr...

Ellen: Forgive us for our lack of manners. I am Ellen Mira Mathers, and this is the head and founder of DEM - Sir Isaac Rey Pelham Westcott.

Isaac: There is no need to call us Mr. or Mrs.