Chapter 22 The worst

Destroyed hotel in Tengu city at 10.19 o'clock

Karla looked around the room. Before her were splinters from a broken bed and a huge hole in the wall caused her attack.

Karla: Where is she?!

The mulatto girl wasn't as stupid to think that a single arc of energy could
kill a spirit equal to herself.

Kurumi: Ara ara...

Tokisaki's voice was heard from everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Karla: Come out you cowardly bitch!

Kurumi: Araaa... araaa...

Kurumi uttered two meaningless words melodiously.

Karla: Get the hell out!

Kurumi: I'm no longer a "great Nightmare"?

A shadow of black and red rose from under Lucay's feet and wrapped itself around her legs and torso like a whip.

Karla: Take it from me!

Karla directed the scythe filled with reiryouku down, thanks to which she managed to cut the bonds.

Karla: We... aaaak!

The mulatto girl uttered the first syllable with contempt and calm, the second she screamed out with the pain of two shots in the back.
The teenager turned angrily and swung her gun towards the shadow on the wall from which a pair of hands emerged holding two old-fashioned pistols.

Kurumi: Too slow...

The green arc of magic broke through Zaphkiel's fired balls without any problems, but it didn't manage to reach his mistress, who hid in a pool of darkness.

Karla: "Great Nightmare"?

Karla clenched her hands so tightly that her veins came out.

Karla: The one who killed over 10,000 people with her bare hands and with the help of an angel, and several times more with the use of spatial quakes?

The girl's yellowed teeth rattled against each other.

Karla: The worst spirit... is just a coward?!

A scream spread through the ruins of the building.
The girl was both angry and disappointed. Did the person she had admired for so long really turn out to be a mouse hiding in holes in the wall?

Kurumi: Ara ara you don't like this fighting style?

Laughing Tokisaki emerged from the shadows with a musket and a flintlock pistol.

Karla: You are not worthy to be called the worst.

Kurumi's face showed a sad frown.

Kurumi: The worst? It was people who started calling me that, not myself. But believe me, I am worthy of that name.

The girl showed a sadistic smile, and her left eye glowed blood red.