the last summer before the fall part 2 (Minyul)

Minjoo, Yuri, Hitomi, and Nako were twelve (Wonyoung was ten, Yujin was eleven) when they made a promise to each other that in the impossible chance that they drift apart before they start college they would all meet-up at the edge of Han River and have a road trip to mark the end of a chapter in their lives.

"What if we drift apart?" Yuri suddenly said, interrupting the festive atmosphere of their annual "summer week-long sleepover before school starts" tradition. This one was especially special since it was the summer before they started middle school.

This comment immediately made the air around them turn somber, Minjoo who had faith that all of six of them would remain friends in the future couldn't help but scold the other girl. "Yah Yuri! Why would you say that? We'll never drift apart, even our families know each other so well by now and everyone knows that once you meet the family it's meant to be."

"I know that but, just what if" Yuri didn't know why she suddenly had these thoughts but she was worried that something would happen.

"I think it's impossible but just to ease Yuri-unnies mind, how about we make a promise!" Yujin also didn't believe they would drift apart but decided to humor the older girl.

"What promise?" the three other girls exchanged a confused look since they also didn't believe they would drift apart.

"That in the highly unlikely chance that we drift apart before college we would meet-up at, um... let's say Han River! To have one last week-long sleepover before we trek through adulthood." Honestly speaking Yujin was just spitting out random words in order to appease the worried girl.

"It feels like you're just making fun of me but okay." Yuri couldn't help the pout on her face, here she was being serious but the other girls wouldn't take her seriously!

"No, we're not! Minjoo will drive us since she's so adamant that she'll have her license first out of all of us." Hitomi was quick to make sure that Yuri wouldn't start sulking because a sulky Jo Yuri was a headache in the making.

"Yup! And doesn't Wonyoung's family has a vacation house at Songjeong beach?" Remembering that Yuri was born in Busan she also remembered the maknae mentioning that they have a place there.

"Yes we do, and of course we can go there! Yuri-unnie can tour us around and we can meet her grandparents too!" Even though Wonyoung didn't like the idea of them planning their trip as a just in case she was still willing to help make her unnie feel better.

"That's decided then, so is everyone promising that in the summer of 2021 before the start of the fall term of college all six of us will meet-up near the edge of Han River with Minjoo-unnie driving us to go to Busan and stay at Wonyoungies vacation house?" Being their official MC, Yujin stated their promise and as always they needed to pinky swear in order to validate the promise made.

"Promise!" All six girls kissed their pinkies and intertwined them with each other to seal their promise.

Minjoo, Yuri, Hitomi, and Nako were seventeen (Wonyoung was fifteen, Yujin was sixteen) when everything started to change. All throughout middle school they felt like they owned the world as all six of them were winning contests left and right.

All of a sudden Yujin was selected as the only freshman to be on the volleyball team, and with training filling up her entire day she could no longer hang out with her friends as every moment she wasn't training she was catching up on school work.

Then Wonyoung became part of the student council and she too had no more free time to hang out with her friends as her seniors would always ask her to do something in order to prepare her for the presidency as she was the best candidate they could think of to take over after they graduate.