Something More (Minyul)

It was vocal evaluation day for IZ*One wherein each girl would prepare a song to sing in front of the other members. And as usual, Yuri was the last to perform because she's usually the one who helps point out what the others should work on.

The song she chose today was in English, and it was also very personal for her as the lyrics are a message she wants to say to someone special.

"It's finally the master's turn!" Screamed the annoying duck, causing the other members to start hyping her up too.

"JO YURI! JO YURI! JO YURI!" echoed her members, causing a blush to appear on her face.

"Yah, stop it!" she said, but they all knew Yuri secretly liked the cheers.

"What song are you singing, Joyyul?" asked Hyewon.

"Fall by Justin Beiber-sunbaenim." she replied, a little nervous by their reactions.

"Sunbaenim?!" of course, her same-aged friends had to make fun of her.

"Shhhhh! Let Yuri sing now." Eunbi silenced her members and gestured for Yuri to start.

The main vocalist took a deep breath to calm her nerves and made eye contact with the one person she's dedicating this song to. Hopefully, the girl wouldn't be oblivious to the fact that she's singing this for her.

"But did you know that I loved you?

Or were you not aware?

You're the smile on my face

And I ain't goin' nowhere

I'm here to make you happy

I'm here to see you smile

I've been wanting to tell you this for a long while"

Yuri kept her eyes on the angel in front of her. The said angel was also staring at Yuri in admiration as if she had hearts in her eyes.

Despite not being fluent in English, the other members quickly realized the meaning behind the song Yuri was singing. And Wonyoung couldn't help but squeal at every lyric as she understood what each one meant. The song fit the two of them perfectly and the girls felt like they were witnessing such an important moment.

"Well, did you know you're an angel

Who forgot how to fly?

Did you know that it breaks my heart

Every time I see you cry?

'Cause I know that a piece of you's gone

Every time you done wrong

I'm the shoulder you're crying on

And I hope, by the time that I'm done

With this song, I'll have figured out"

Pouring out all of her emotions into the song, Yuri hoped with all her heart that her crush feels the same way as her.

She didn't mean to fall in love with her best friend. It just happened, and before she knew it, it was already too late because she was in too deep.

No one can blame Yuri anyway, the other girl was just so easy to fall in love with. Her perfect visuals were just one aspect that made her fall. It was the taller girl's personality and caring nature that made her heart beat faster and that blinding smile that could make the rainy days go away.

It wasn't fair. Kim Minjoo was an angel, and she was the lowly human who fell in with her.

"I will catch you if you fall