The Hospital

(The Image above is, once again, made by GuD0c from DeviantArt.)

(By the way, for anyone wondering how Midoriya is able to survive an explosion at point blank range into his neck, the answer is simple, we have seen the kids in 1A be thrown around like ragdolls, have their body destroyed constantly and be thrown at a thick wall at high speeds and get up as if nothing happened. So clearly they are able to survive a lot, it is plot protection.)

Welcome to the next chapter of the book, thank you for waiting. It took a while due to the holiday season and all.

Also we, in the UK, are back in lockdown, so I should have more time to work on these chapters. So I shall try to get out many good chapters whenever I can.

Also, just so I don't have to write any warnings in future chapters, this book is for mature audiences due to there being gore and mature language featured in the book.

Rumi Usagiyama (Age 11)

Usagiyama POV

The ambulance started to drive off towards the hospital as the hero and the paramedics were working double time to try and keep the boy alive until he can get proper medical attention at Musutafu hospital.

I was too busy panicking to help them out, besides I didn't really have the right training to be able to help so I would only just get in the way.

So I just stood to the side as the professionals handled the situation.

Every time I looked at the boy though, I always got a feeling of familiarity from him... As if I had met him before but I just couldn't place my finger on it.

I was torn away from my thoughts as the Pro Hero began to shout to the driver to go faster as the boys pulse began to get weaker.

I began to worry if the boy would live.

The driver could only try to go faster, even though we were already launching down the roads.

After about another 46 seconds the hospital came into view. Once we had arrived the boy was rushed inside A&E for treatment.

I was told to wait in the waiting area as the boy had to be put through emergency surgery to try and stop him from bleeding out.

The Pro Hero had to leave to finish his shift but said he would be back tomorrow morning to check on the boys condition.

The hospital was quick to call his mother and inform her of the situation.

I would have called my parents to tell them I won't be home but it wasn't like they would be home either as they were on another business trip, so what was the point.

I sat idly in the waiting room fidgeting in worry.

I don't know why I was so worried about this boy, but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to leave him here. It might just be due to the fact that this boy was so close to death at a similar age as me, it worried me, as if I was in his place I wouldn't want to be left alone and I felt like I could stay with him.

I sat there for a while as I waited for any news of his condition, when a women who looked to be in her 30s barged through the door with a terrified expression and immediately ran towards the receptionist.

I could instantly tell who the woman was due to the extreme similarity between her and her son, she was the mother of the boy that I am here with.

The receptionist was quick to answer the woman of the whereabouts of her son and his current condition.

The woman came over to the waiting area and sat down with her head in her hands, undoubtedly worried about her son.

I slowly stood up and sat next to her.

"Excuse me miss," The woman looked up as I spoke "my name is Rumi Usagiyama, the girl that found your son, I'm sorry about his condition, but he will get better, don't worry." I said to the woman in hopes of getting her to calm down a little.

"Oh, hi. My name is Inko Midoriya, I'm sorry you had to see him like that. And I know he will be fine, he always manages to smile and do his best, but I still worry as a mother." She replied with a small sad smile as she was still hunched over.

Me and Miss Midoriya made small talk for a while as I tried to get her mind off of worrying about her son.

She ended up asking why I was still here and didn't leave once the paramedics arrived at the scene, but I just smiled and told her that I wanted to make sure he was okay as well as keep him company.

She smiled at that and was quick to ask if my parents were okay with it, but I just lied and said that they were fine with me staying here.

"Ah, Miss Midoriya, I didn't even think to ask if you were okay with me being here, sorry about that." I said as I felt a little bit of heat rise to my cheeks in embarrassment.

"Oh don't worry, you can stay and see him for as long as you want, I think it's sweet that you are worrying for my boy." She replied with a smile.

"Thank you Miss Midoriya." I said.

After a few hours went by a doctor came out to tell us of his condition, "I'm glad to say that your son was able to pull through the surgery and we have managed to stabilise him. However, the wound is still healing and will most likely scar, and I'm afraid that he will be out for another day. The wound on his neck has also caused damage to his vocal cords, his voice will be gone for a few days before he will be able to properly speak and there was some permanent damage meaning that his voice will most likely be very rough, raspy and deep, and he most likely will not be able to shout that loud without it hurting his throat. He will also be unable to eat solid food for a few weeks. I'm afraid he can't have any visitors just yet so you will have to wait until tomorrow morning to be able to visit him. If you have anymore questions you may ask now." The doctor unloaded to us as he waited for a response.

"Thank you doctor, and I don't have any questions." Miss Midoriya said. The doctor left with a quick nod towards the now crying woman.

I was able to quickly understand that she was crying from relief so I wasn't worrying about her.

Once she had calmed down she turned towards me, "I'm afraid I can't stay tonight, but you should probably go home to rest, unless you wish to stay here and wait."

"I will stay tonight, thanks. I will see you tomorrow Miss Midoriya." I replied.

"Here, have some money to buy yourself something to eat, it's the least I can do to repay you for finding my son, goodnight." She replied and handed me about ¥3000 (Which is about £21.44 in British currency.) and quickly left with a wave before I could refuse the money.

I stayed there that night and ended up buying myself 2 sandwiches to eat. I ended up sleeping on the chair in the waiting room, not the most comfortable spot but it shall do.

Word count = 1286 words.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 06, 2021 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The "Wild Duo"जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें