Chapter 34

Laura Grace/Lizzie/LG – POV

"Now we have all day tomorrow to be together." I say to Max putting my arms around him as he embraces me. "Can we go home now?" As if on que I have totally jinxed everything.

Sarah comes rounding the corner. "Well, Chief I hate to say I was right." I look at her a little confused. "Remember I said at the spa I didn't think Antonio was the real issue?" She says looking at me willing me to remember.

"Oh, yes. Wait. No. Shit. That means no day off?" I take a step back from Max. as he continues to hold my upper arms.

"Who is it and what do they want?" Max looks at Sarah with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, the 3 Alphas we spoke to all said that the one that pushed them to this was going to take his Mate back." Sarah says as she rolls her eyes. "I should have just killed him when I had the chance." She is doing what she can to control herself. Thankfully Tanner floats in and kisses the top of her head.

"It's okay my little one." He wraps his arms around her from the back.

"Lovely really, but who do we have here that we need to make sure is safe. I thought we were already tracking the rejected mates were worried about." I look at Sarah picking up the tablet looking at the list of women we have that rejected their mates.

"Chief, seriously? You have no idea the Alpha we are talking about?" Sarah says like I should know. And clearly I am at a loss still looking at the list and only see one Alpha, Antonio.

"Well she's not on this list." I say looking at Max. He is no longer holding me he had his hands at his sides in fists on the edge I throw the iPad in the chair and start rubbing his shoulders. "Okay, what's wrong?" I say grabbing Max's face making him look at me.

"It's you." Max says softly.

"What?" I look at him squinting my eyes. "But I didn't reject anyone." And then I remember the other night. "Alpha Henry? But he REJECTED ME! He chose his mate and has ki..." I am cut off by Sarah as I stand there covering my mouth.

"Yeah well when he left here that night, apparently he called Antonio and told him you were his and the King had no right to you. You were his first and he made a mistake, he also said.." Sarah stops and looks at Max and then back to me.

"What did he say Sarah!" I say in the strongest tone I have.

"He said he would rather see you dead than with anyone else. And you're not really the Kings mate, that he is just taking you because of your money." Sarah's eyes are red, and she is on the edge. "I am sorry Chief, but there is apparently a hit out on you now." She says as she grabs something off the top shelf and throws it out the door and I hear something shatter. "Fuck. That does feel good, now I know why you do it." I look at the floor and a perfect white rose is on the ground and I laugh. And I can't stop. I sound like I have lost my mind. I feel like I have almost. I am still laughing as I drop to the chair next to me and almost sit on an iPad.

"Baby, nothing is going to happen to you. I have already linked my warriors that are here and Brett, they are going to start doing patrols." Max says and he lifts me up and puts me on his lap sideways. I look over and Sarah and Tanner are now sitting on the couch.

"Chief, we don't have the new place secured so we can't go there tonight." Sarah says apologetically. "Well, we can if you give me an hour, and only walk on the path I tell you to take. Plus I could.." Sarah had Tanners hand wrapped around her mouth. As I smirk, he only is just learning the levels of Sarah.