Chapter 51

Laura Grace/LG/Gracie/Chief – POV

"What do you mean not this one?" Max says thru gritted teeth.

"If she walks out that door without the crown on her head, I can't save her." Sarah says holding herself.

"Well then, I need to stand right next to you and problem is solved." I say sitting up and whipping my face. I look over to Sarah and she is shaking her head. "Sarah, I am not putting it back on so either you figure a way around it or I die." I stand up and put my hands on my hips.

"Then were not fucking leaving this room!" Sarah says walking over to me. "Everyone else can leave!" As she says it the door opens. Tanner waves. "Edmond, Darla, Betty, Mark you can leave, Sasha and Blue are at the end of the hall they will cover you from there." Sarah just eyes me.

"Sarah, you can do it, just..." I start to say as Max walks over and grabs me and kisses me.

"Thank you, Sarah." Max says as he pulls back and leans his forehead to mine.

"I will give you 10 minutes. That's all you have." Sarah says as she walks out and closes the door.

"Max, what is going on?" I ask him as he is shaking holding me.

"You are enough!" He says as he leans back and looks at me. "I just had a mind beating from my father." He says as he pulls me to the couch. "Laura Grace, you don't know the werewolf side of our world..." I start to interrupt him, but he kisses me again.

"Let me finish. You don't know, but then I don't know the human world. I do not understand business like you do, nor do I understand being rejected or feeling alone. I know you have felt alone for far too long." Max looks at me and puts his hand on my face. "You are my Queen." He kisses my forehead. "You were given to me by the Mood Goddess. This crown, it is more than just my partner and equal. It means that you are the one that is to lead us from not just our heart, but the mind as well." He puts it back on my head. "Please forgive me." Max takes my hands and kisses them.

I just look at him, this keeps coming back to haunt me. The lack of knowing the "Werewolf world." I know what I need to do, I will put the crown on, but I will have to make some hard decisions soon. "I know I need to educate myself on all this, but do you trust me?"

"I am a fool if I say otherwise." He says as he kisses me again, but with more passion.

The door opens and Tanner clears his throat. "Max, we gotta go man." He says as he comes in the room a bit. We start to the door and Sarah peaks in and looks at us. She smiles and nods.

"Let do this. Chief, take the shoes off so there's less noise." She says as she looks around as I take my shoes off and hold them to my chest like a lifeline. "Tanner look left when we get to the end of the hall."

"You got it, Babe." Tanner says quietly from behind me.

"Where are we going?" Max says in a whisper to Sarah.

"The Grand Hall." She says as she walks slowly.

"Why?" I ask as we turn the corner. I see Tanner look left and then put his hand out as a wolf comes flying at him. The wolfs neck lands in Tanners hand as he squeezes, and I hear a crack. Tanner drops the wolf.

"That is where the answers are, and it is secure." Tanner says softly still scanning the area. I look at Max and he is scanning the area just like Sarah and Tanner. I look out and see eyes and link Tanner.