we gotta talk

TRIGGER WARNING // talking about the callmecarson situation
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

so, i'm sure all of you have heard the news that came out recently about carson.

i just want to clarify that i do not think that carson is a p*do, but i do think that he groomed her.

she is at the age of consent, and knew full-well what she was doing. the messages she posted clearly show their struggle to contain themselves due to their situation.

before you get mad at me, i am saying right now that what carson did was not okay. he definitely groomed the poor girl and knew that she was a fan and used his influence in order to solicit nudes from her.

honestly if i were in her situation i'd probably do the same thing as her. if my idol were interested i'd probably act before i could REALLY think about it. it takes a while to realize that what you did wasn't okay.

in my personal opinion, i think this was grooming because they weren't fully in a committed romantic relationship with each other. carson is a grown adult who was sexting a minor, despite the age difference being pretty small.

here's why i think that: my boyfriend and i started dating when i was 16 and he was 18. we were both terrified of our age difference and how others would perceive us. we knew our intention were to eventually get married and spend the rest of our lives together. we have been dating for three years and are in college pursuing our careers. i am currently 19 and he is 22.

the difference between us and carson/sam is that my boyfriend and i waited almost a year before we even did ANYTHING sexual. we were friends a year prior, due to mutual friends. carson is an influencer who dmed a girl who was a massive fan of him and started a sexual relationship.

i hope you understand why i feel the way i do. it is completely clear what is harmful and what is acceptable.

if you are experiencing a situation like this, whether its someone irl or an influencer, SPEAK UP. it may feel good to you now, but once you realize what actually happened, recovering will be so hard.

if anyone needs help clarifying if a situation is bad or not, feel free to message me or anyone that comments under this area. we, as a fandom, should always stick together and help each other.

to conclude, i do not support carson anymore.

thank you for reading.