29*

Jonathan's house was slowly filled with his friends. A few extra people were invited, but he knew they would be cool. As soon as a crowd began to gather, Jonathan and his friends began to pass out water bottles. They always hydrated before getting absolutely blasted.

After everyone hydrated properly (they were extra safe) the drinking began. Ted and Cooper were playing cup pong against Travis and Charlie, who were losing significantly.

Everyone was warned to not smoke in the house, just to be safe. There was enough weed for everyone to have a blunt to themselves, so groups of two or three took turns going to the backyard and smoking. Living in the country had its perks.

Casey could hear music blasting as she pulled into the driveway. With a huge smile, she texted her friend to announce her arrival. Within seconds, Jonathan came outside to look for her.

"Heyyy!" Schlatt called with a goofy smile. He wasn't even close to drunk yet, but he was extremely happy. His smile dropped suddenly.

Out came Carson from behind the car. He had a small smirk upon his lips that made Jonathan want to punch him. "Hey, Schlatt! You thought you could invite my girlfriend to a party and not invite me? Good one, buddy!"

"Sorry, Carson. You're not welcome in my house." Jonathan says through gritted teeth. It was his house, so no one was going to boss him around. Casey looked tense.

Carson's eyes narrowed. He wasn't used to people defying him. His personality usually was overbearing, but Jonathan held his ground. "Then Casey isn't going in. Right, babe?"

Eyes darting between her friend and her boyfriend, Casey couldn't decide which bridge to burn. Either way, she would lose someone. Should she dump Carson and have a blast at the party or dump Jonathan and go home and do nothing. Casey sighed and shook her head.

"I don't know why both of you are acting like kids right now. Carson, I can do whatever the fuck I want, when I want. I don't cheat or make attempts to, so I don't know why you're concerned. I can have friends. Besides, you're literally always with Kate, so why can't I hang out with Jonathan?" Casey rants, stepping back to look at the two boys in front of her.

She turns to Jonathan. "And you! You were always so mean to me. I tried to be your friend for weeks, and you always ignored me. Always had your face in that diary of yours. I'm glad we've had the chance to actually become friends but that sucked a lot. I really didn't like it. Maybe we wouldn't be in this situation if you were just... nicer."

There was nothing but silence between the trio. Inside, the party raged on as friends began to compete in drinking games. Casey rubbed her temples. She needed a drink.

"Whatever. I need a drink." Casey motions for her and Jonathan to go inside. Carson lets out a grumble.

"What about me, babe?" Carson whines, attempting to not throw a fit. He crosses his arms, and looks at the two people in front of him.

With a sigh, Casey turns to Carson. "I think we're over. You're too self-centered and controlling. I can't date someone like that."

•••

It took around an hour for Jonathan to work up the courage to talk to Casey. After they went inside, Casey surrounded herself with her friends. Jonathan tried to let loose and began drinking with his friends too.