Chapter 5

Ayanat came out of Naushad's cabin and walked through the corridor. She couldn't understand what she was feeling at that moment. There was a neutral expression on her face. It was like a dream for her. She walked down the stairs and came out of the office of Indie Music Label. She moved towards the parking lot. She was trying to call Jaanvi but it couldn't connect. So she was texting her when she bumped into someone. Her phone and the file she had been holding in her hand along with the person's phone that he had been looking in, fell down. She immediately sat down on her toes with her bent knees on the floor to pick the things up, not understanding what exactly happened. Even that person sat down in the same position.

Ayanat: I.. I'm sorry... uh...

Person: I'm sorry, I think I was more engrossed in my phone...

Ayanat immediately looked up hearing a modulated manly voice, a bit husky but attractive. She opened her mouth to say something but couldn't find words. Even he was looking at her. Their eyes were locked for a moment when a someone spoke from behind...

Siddharth: Hey Darshan! What happened?

The eye-lock broke and they both got up. Darshan turned for a while, looked at him and then back to Ayanat.

Darshan/Ayanat: Uh, I'm sorry!

They both said it together, paused for a moment and let out a small chuckle. Siddharth looked at Ayanat with his eyebrows raised and mouth open, trying to recall her name.

Siddharth: Uh, Ayanat right?

An instantaneous glow appeared on Darshan's face when he heard her name. He looked at her with his shining eyes.

Ayanat: Yeah. (She passed a smiled)

Darshan: You both already know each other?

Ayanat: Actually we met at the club that night.

Siddharth: Remember, I was telling you that day about Jaanvi. She's her best friend. And this is Darshan... Darshan Raval.

Darshan: Oh yes, I get it now. Nice to meet you.

He took his hand forward and shook hands with her. A shock ran down her spine as his warm hand touched her hand which had become cold due to nervousness. Darshan was almost melted after her soft hand came in contact with his. They took their hands back after a moment

Siddharth: By the way Ayanat, how did you take the route of Indie Music Label?

Ayanat: Uh, I actually came here for my interview.

Darshan: And you're selected?

Darshan asked eagerly as if he was expecting a big YES from her.

Ayanat: Yeah!

Ayanat looked down and smiled, pressing her lips.

Siddharth: That's great! Congratulations Ayanat!

Ayanat: Thank you!

Darshan: You'll be working as?

Ayanat: I'll be in the programming and editing team.

Darshan: Okay!

Siddharth: So, from when are you joining us? (Pause) Uh, let me tell you, I and Darshan, both work for this label.

Ayanat: Yeah, I know. Naushad Bhai told me to join from tomorrow.

An instantaneous smile appeared on Darshan's face as she said that.