Chapter 1

Girls Home

6th March
Thursday

It's around 10:30 at night. Jaanvi and Ayanat are watching a web series together.

Jaanvi: Are you sure you want to discontinue with this job?

Ayanat: Yes!

Jaanvi: I'm still not getting why are you resigning from such a good job? I mean you're being paid well!

Ayanat: Money is not what I came here for. You very well know I could have continued with my job in Ahmedabad if I wanted to! I was being paid well even there. But I still dared to come to Mumbai, the city that never sleeps! I didn't know anyone here except you! You've been visiting Mumbai for more than 3 years for your dance events, but it was all new for me! Don't you remember, that it was you who gave me confidence to work towards my passion. And now you are asking me this question?

Jaanvi: Yes, I do know but... I just wanted you to think upon it twice. It's a big decision.

Ayanat: I've thought about it a hundred times.

Jaanvi: Okay! When are you giving the resignation letter to your boss?

Ayanat: Tomorrow!

Jaanvi: Okay! Let's go to bed now. It's already 11.

Ayanat: Hmm. I don't want to be late on my last day! Good night.

Jaanvi: Good night!

7th March
Friday

Ayanat gave her resignation. Her boss was unwilling to accept it as she was a very efficient employee, and also his good friend, but she was firm on her decision and somehow made him accept it. Jaanvi had to go for a dance rehearsal for a song she had currently been working upon! Everyone in Ayanat's office gave her a warm send-off. Ayanat returned home at around 5 in the evening. She opened the door with a spare key that she had. She realised that Jaanvi was already at home. Ayanat went to her room and kept her bag in it's place. She freshened up herself and returned to Jaanvi's room. She saw her doing something on her phone.

Jaanvi: Hey! You're home...

Ayanat: Yup!

Jaanvi: Did you give your resignation?

Ayanat: Yes!

Jaanvi: And your boss excepted it? (She looked up as she said that)

Ayanat: I made him! (She sat on the bed looking out of the window towards the evening sky!)

Jaanvi: There's no use of regretting now!

Ayanat looked at her with a big smile.

Ayanat: I am not!

Jaanvi: Great! So, party? (She asked in excitement)

Ayanat: I've resigned from my job and you want party?

Jaanvi: Why not? I mean you're walking a step ahead towards your dream, we can party for that!