Chapter 4

9th March
Sunday...

Girls' Home...

Ayanat wakes up as a ray of sun peeks into the room through the crack of the window and falls on her face. She rubs her eyes and looks at the clock which reads 9. She quickly gets up, takes her clothes from the wardrobe and rushes into the bathroom. She comes out after about 25 minutes and sees that Jaanvi is ready and is serving breakfast for both. Jaanvi looks at her and smiles.

Jaanvi: Good morning! Be seated, you'll get your breakfast in a minute.

Ayanat: Good morning! Listen, don't serve my breakfast. I'm running late! (In a nervous tone)

Jaanvi: (looking at the clock) It's just 9:45. You have your interview at 11. Why are you hurrying so much? At least have your breakfast, I've made your favourite Khichdi! Don't be so nervous!

Ayanat: I'm not nervous yaar! It's just that I'm not hungry!

Ayanat sighs and sits on the chair hiding her face in her palms. Jaanvi places the bowl of Khichdi in front of her on the table. She sits across from her with her bowl.

Jaanvi: You're not hungry in only 2 cases, first if you're nervous and second if you're more than happy! And I can see only nervousness on your face now! (After a pause) You'll surely get this job. You know nah, whenever you used be nervous before your exams, you'd forget even what you knew! It's just the same. You'll not give your interview well if you're nervous..

Ayanat: There are so many people wanting to get a job in that label. In a city like Mumbai, there is not at all a shortage of strugglers willing to get a job in such music labels.I don't know what will happen today!

Jaanvi: Nobody knows that! You remember you told me once, everything that happens is already written. You need not worry about it, as it will not change your destiny! Then what will happen by thinking about it! Just relax..

Ayanat: Hmm, I think you're right! If it's written in my destiny, I'll achieve my dream anyhow. Then it doesn't matter if I even get the job or not!

Jaanvi: That's like my good girl! Now have your breakfast or else you'll really get late..

Ayanat chuckles and starts to have her breakfast. She seems to be a bit relaxed! Her eyes are in her bowl while she's filling a spoonful of khichdi. Jaanvi looks at her smiling face and just crossed the fingers of her left hand as she was holding her spoon with the right.

Jaanvi: (In mind) Oh God! Just get Ayanat this job. She's already had a lot in life. Please help her out at the interview!

They both had their breakfast. Ayanat took her bag which had her laptop and other documents in it, and got ready to leave for the interview. She looked at the clock which read 10. She was leaving a bit early to avoid being late due to any traffic.

Jaanvi: Drive slowly and don't haste! Just believe in yourself... All the best!

Ayanat: Okay! Love you.. Byee..

Jaanvi: Byee. Call me after your interview! I'll be going for the rehearsals in some time...

Ayanat: Okay! Bye..