🌸Kiyotaka Ishimaru x Reserve Course!Reader: You're Special to Me🌸

As you walked past another group of Ultimates, the usual snickers passed in out of your range of hearing, causing you to sigh deeply. You never understood why the upperclassmen ultimates constantly felt the need to look down on the reserve course students. Some people's dreams didn't just present themselves in their face, not everyone is born with an incredible talent like they were.

You look down at your shoes as you walk, making the best attempt you could to avoid interaction or eye contact with everyone around you. You were on the third floor of Hope's Peak, just trying to get back down to the first floor from an errand your homeroom professor sent you on. And just your luck, the third floor is where all of the Ultimate's classes just so happen to be~!

You're just about to reach the exit to the staircase, when a classroom door opens and an entourage of riled up ultimates all rush out at once. Trying to maneuver around them, you only help yourself to crash directly into one of them. You fall hard on your rear, dropping every paper you had been sent to retrieve.

"S-sorry..." You almost whisper to the person standing above you.

When you don't hear a response, you look up to see a red-eyed boy with spikey black hair looking down at you in what seems to be a weakened glare. Snapping you out of your trance, he hastily extends an arm down to you, "You shouldn't be rushing around with a stack of papers that big at the end of class time." Surprised he wasn't more mad at the fact you bumped into him, you take his hand and hoist yourself back up. "Yeah, I guess you're right." You smile gently, rubbing the back of your head in shame.

"Ah! You're...a reserve course student! It's still your class time, what are you doing up here!?" "No, no! It's not like that, I was sent up here to get all of these," you gesture to the scattered papers and file folders on the floor, "by my teacher." He seems to accept your answer, nodding solemnly. "Where is your classroom? I'll escort you back myself." He says, flashing his arm band. "I am technically a hall monitor, even for the reserve course students." He seems proud to be in charge of the halls, brandishing his badge with flare. You smile at his enthusiasm, obligingly letting him take you back.

"I'm Kiyotaka Ishimaru, the Ultimate Moral Compass. I'm only a second year, but if you ever need help, I still know these halls like the back of my hand." Kiyotaka strikes up small, but friendly conversations as you walk through the stairwell and second floor. He seems nice enough, and certainly is a big fan of rules and regulations.

"I apologize for my classmate's lack of care for other students in the hall. They seem to be quite excited for our upcoming midterms...I can't help but feel like they're plotting something. Regardless, they shouldn't have all come rushing out like that!" He speaks sharply, genuinely upset with their misbehavior. "No, it's all right! You Ultimates...you're all on another level, especially in comparison to a reserve course student like me, ahaha!" You joke, but you know that both Kiyotaka and yourself realize the truth behind your words.

"Even if the talents we possess are why we're here in the first place, it doesn't mean you or any of the reserve course students are lesser than us. We're students, here with the same purpose in mind: to succeed." He looks hard at you as he tells you this, and you can't help but feel a bit guilty for saying something like that directly to an Ultimate. "R-right...yeah." You nodded, but you still just couldn't agree. They were above the reserve course students. They make that pretty obvious when they glare at someone who's "out of place" on their special floor of the school.

After a brief walk, Ishimaru opens your classroom door for you, "Just make sure you come find me if you have any hall trouble...or if maybe- you'd like to join and help out with patrols during your break periods, I could easily guide you through the process." Ishimaru tries to look confident, but his voice wavers and his face glazes over with a light pinkness. "I think.." you stammer a bit, taking a huge comfort in being invited to anything by an Ultimate, "that would be nice."