Sayaka Maizono X Reader: Accidentally, but Fortunately

A/N: pre-killing game! just regular ol high school life/summertime with ur cutesy lil popstar gal ALSO THERE IS SO MUCH EXPOSITION IM SUCH A SLOW WRITER FEEL FREE TO SKIP AHUFISKVSHOGL 

Sayaka Maizono. Unless you lived under a rock all your life, you'd know exactly who she was, and what she's so famous for. 

But silly little you just supposedly seemed to live under a rock, how ironic! When you received your letter of greetings from Hope's Peak, welcomed as the Ultimate Electronica Star (those fun little keyboards that you can record sound affects with and play, essentially a pianist but we don't want to steal that from Kaede now, do we?), you were utterly shocked to say the least. Ripping open that little red seal on your manila letter felt like a total dream come true.

As your summer relaxation time was drawing to a close, you felt your nerves work against you, leaving an anxious (and somewhat excited) pit in your stomach. Figuring it would do you some good to go outside, you made a beeline in the direction of the nearest beach.

Taking a stroll down the familiar roads you lived on for so long and basking in the sunlight felt sweet...serene in a way. It was warm, but not sweating weather, and it was midday lighting, so you were really feeling nature's vibes today. Walking on, you began to feel the cool breeze that whisked off from the ocean's shore course through your (H/L) locks, and gliding across your skin that felt golden in the sunlight. As you looked onward at the beach, you noticed a not-so-familiar blue haired girl laying on the sand in a bathing suit, most likely soaking in the last rays of summer. 

As you carefully, and a little awkwardly to be totally honest, swept around her on the smushy, damp sand, you plopped yourself down on your towel. Sighing as you did so, you couldn't help but glance at that blue-haired girl. And of course, in your slight entertaining of your own curiosity, you locked eyes with her at the one time she glanced back. Flustered and panicked, you quickly raised your hand in a friendly wave. "U-Uhh, hey over there!" you called out to her. 

From a distance, it looked like she smiled, maybe giggled a little bit? Rather than giving you a polite wave back and returning to her activities, she stood up. Hesitating for merely a moment, she looked back over at you, and began trotting to your towel. Oh man, what?! I don't even know this girl, is she mad that I was staring or something? Crap...

Before you could think of something to say, she approached slowly as she neared you, "Hey over here!" she giggled out behind a sweet smile. Not being able to prevent her smile from spreading, you grinned back, "S-sorry if I scared you for staring! I was just...you...you were the only other person around here so I..." You couldn't just say you were spacing out! That'd be such a lame excuse...even if it was the truth.

"No, oh please! Don't worry, I appreciate my fans adoring gazes and kind words! I probably scared you more by running at you!" Fans...? Now you were more lost than before. "Fans? A-are you some sort of celebrity?" Her face dropped to a look of embarrassment.  "Y-you don't know?! Oh gosh, I probably just made myself look so bad and uppity like that, huh?" Releasing another one of her sweet-sounding giggles, she bows in a form of apology. "I'm Sayaka Maizono...the Ultimate Pop Sensation! It's nice to meet you!" 

Still dazed, you reach out your hand to meet hers in a gentle shake, introducing yourself in return, "Oh! My friends..they've talked about you before, I just never followed up much on it myself! I'm (y/n) (l/n), the Ultimate Electronica Star. It's pretty nice to meet another ultimate, y'know, with the entrance ceremony in just a few days!" You sighed a breath of relief, feeling better about talking to a total stranger. 

Sayaka studied your face for a good fifteen seconds or so, before she popped back up in a stance. "N-no way! You're the keyboard star in all of those crazy electronica concerts? That's been you this whole time?!" Without wiping the smile off her face, she exclaimed everything in a pleasantly surprised manner. Utterly shocked to be recognized, you nodded intensely, smiling like some kid with a new toy on Christmas morning. Just as you were going to describe your shock, a faint melody and vibration noise sound from Sayaka's side bag. She gives you a sheepish look before taking the call. You can't make out complete words, but it sounds like the other person on the line is pretty upset about something.  Sayaka looks a little distraught, but keeps her most sincere smile etched across her cheeks.

She doesn't let the call continue much longer, instead sighing and hanging up, cutting off the person's rant. "I'll be in trouble for that...ahaha!" She giggles, and you smile in retort. As she straightens herself back up and brushes the sand off of herself, she looks back down at you, the same sugary smile laced into her expression. "It was...really nice to meet you (y/n), was it? I promise to come looking for you at the entrance ceremony, okay?" "Yes, t-totally! Glad I could meet you, too!" You blurted, awkwardly waving bye to her as she paced back to the beach's exit. 

Needless to say, her smile was burned into your memory, as was her harmonious giggle that made you smile along with it. Sayaka Maizono...

Hey, maybe your first day won't be so bad after all!

Word Count: 924 words, a little dragged out, sorry about that!

i havent written anything in sUCH a lONG time, but just let me get back into the swing of things, and hopefully these will get better as they go on and i plot the storylines out a little more. thanks for reading though,!!